Camera Help

Reaction score
Please help I have the Phantom 2 Vision+ and the LED light on the gimbal is solid green. I cannot connect to it's wifi. The only things I have tried is power cycling everything and resetting the binding on the wifi extender. However that didn't fix my problem. Everything else works, I can even record video and take pictures using the manual button. I can the gimbal and full control of the aircraft. The problem is the video stream is not working. What options do I have? I got this in December 2014 and it is Version 3.

More Info:

This Phantom has very light use. I never crashed it. However it did have 2 hard landings where the battery popped out. The issue started happening a little while ago.
At first I could connect to the wifi but the camera app said no connection. Eventually I got it to work after power recycling everything 2-3 times.

Then it got worse taking 5-6 times and sometimes I couldn't connect to the wifi.

Now I can't connect to the wifi at all (doesn't show up).

The only time I can get it to show up is if I try to reset the binding. When I reset the wifi extender I can connect to that and put in the MAC address of the Phantom. Once that is done and everything is power cycled nothing shows up.

Please help I have the Phantom 2 Vision+ and the LED light on the gimbal is solid green. I cannot connect to it's wifi. The only things I have tried is power cycling everything and resetting the binding on the wifi extender. However that didn't fix my problem. Everything else works, I can even record video and take pictures using the manual button. I can the gimbal and full control of the aircraft. The problem is the video stream is not working. What options do I have? I got this in December 2014 and it is Version 3.

More Info:

This Phantom has very light use. I never crashed it. However it did have 2 hard landings where the battery popped out. The issue started happening a little while ago.
At first I could connect to the wifi but the camera app said no connection. Eventually I got it to work after power recycling everything 2-3 times.

Then it got worse taking 5-6 times and sometimes I couldn't connect to the wifi.

Now I can't connect to the wifi at all (doesn't show up).

The only time I can get it to show up is if I try to reset the binding. When I reset the wifi extender I can connect to that and put in the MAC address of the Phantom. Once that is done and everything is power cycled nothing shows up.

Make sure the cables are seated properly.
Drop to lowest resolution
Make sure you don't have 2 devices connected to the phantom. This can kill the connection.

Download an android app called wifi analyser. Turn on phantom and range extender. The weaker signal is the phantom and the stronger is the extender. Record the last 6 digits of the mac address using wifi analyser. Then manually rebind and hit DONE and not the back key.

If this all fails, then the chances you may have a fried wifi module.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic