Camera Drone Whacked Out of the Air by an Angry Neighbor

i saw this on youtube
couple of things came to my attention first of all was the pilot not aware that someone was approaching close to the P3 arent you supposed to be aware of your surroundings and people around you, ok the idiot doing the swatting is just that an idiot, but i think some of this blame has to fall on the pilot as well for where he was flying and not being aware of what was going on around him, i could be wrong but thats my pennies worth ...

Reactions: Fourprops
He did do a few things wrong that may have caused damage to others property, it was a bit silly for the take off position and hover height.

As for the man, well what can you do with deserving people.

When that fat bastard started coming towards them... why on earth didn't they hit UP on the left stick for 1.5 seconds and put it out of reach? I just don't get it. You can put it at 10 feet immediately. Clearly these guys don't have toddlers.

WTF. Another loony neighbor...
Perhaps they weren't experienced pilots. Nor expecting him to react.

Getting Like the Wild West suddenly against RC drone pilots. Them or us mentality.

RedHotPoker

Not impressed by the pilot. I don't know FAA rules but here in the UK, CAA rules really clearly make that sort of flying illegal. It seems like we are on an inevitable course for more licencing. Drones are going to become allmost as common as cars and I bet we will need a drone pilots license soon.
If there are history buffs on the forum, might be interesting to look at the history of driving licenses. Did people need a license to drive before Ford invented the model T? Were there a spurt of accidents that pushed the governments to instigate licenses? I think we could learn from this.

These guys can thank the medias systematically presenting drones as a plague and toys for peeping toms. As a result, the basic moron (and there are a lot) thinks he's doing good by destroying one. All of that is about ignorance and short sighting. Moron certification for the pilot as well for taking off in the middle of the street, ignoring all safety rules and keeping the quad in reach of an out of control drunk! What the hell?, what the hell?... What a laugh for sure!

Reactions: Aramis
When that fat bastard started coming towards them... why on earth didn't they hit UP on the left stick for 1.5 seconds and put it out of reach? I just don't get it. You can put it at 10 feet immediately. Clearly these guys don't have toddlers.

Or dogs.

Not impressed by the pilot. I don't know FAA rules but here in the UK, CAA rules really clearly make that sort of flying illegal. It seems like we are on an inevitable course for more licencing. Drones are going to become allmost as common as cars and I bet we will need a drone pilots license soon.
If there are history buffs on the forum, might be interesting to look at the history of driving licenses. Did people need a license to drive before Ford invented the model T? Were there a spurt of accidents that pushed the governments to instigate licenses? I think we could learn from this.

It was interesting

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Driver's_license

Not that I have read all the comments, so many so obviously it has stirred up emotions, but for my 10 cents worth, as you were set on RTH, why didn't you take control when near home, just out of range for an the upset gentleman and film the episode with him holding his knife and driving behaviour. Law enforcement would love to have that bit of evidence if they were going to pursue a charge.
It may have also made America's Funnest Videos or whatever the show you guys have. May have been able to win the $20k.

Not that I have read all the comments, so many so obviously it has stirred up emotions, but for my 10 cents worth, as you were set on RTH, why didn't you take control when near home, just out of range for an the upset gentleman and film the episode with him holding his knife and driving behaviour. Law enforcement would love to have that bit of evidence if they were going to pursue a charge.
It may have also made America's Funnest Videos or whatever the show you guys have. May have been able to win the $20k.

I do believe you've posted in the wrong thread. There is another thread you're referring to here. The one with the man and woman and the man held a knife and eventually, displayed a gun.

As far as this goes, COMPLETELY irresponsible R/C drone flying location. As well, the drunk man in this video had ZERO right to attack someone's property. The attacker should be required to pay damages and the so called pilot should have his pecker slapped by the judge for EVER thinking it was OK to take off from a street in the middle of such a population dense area.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1434050830.029095.jpg

There's the neighbor's punishment right there.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
I still am one of the few who think its staged. For too many reasons. They are not just a joe schmoe but a company who is looking to capitalize on the multirotor industry. As such, they knew ala Jimmy Kimmel they could do something to get viral they could get their name out there.... prob will end up refusing to sue the guy in question for the fact they had a secret agreement to not do just that. $1,300 for $50,000 media exposure equivalency....

Is it just me or is this type of behavior from the nut bags seems to be escalating? I think it may be time to invest in a small inexpensive action camera and a head mount to hold it. It is quickly becoming like dash cams in Russia...necessary for a legal defense from the plague of idiots.

As for the folks lamenting the location of the video, I think the authors were attempting to only hover at low altitude in order to demonstrate the stability of the P3, not go for a full flight. No traffic on the street...I guess I don't see what the major problem is. I certainly wouldn't do this with my X5C-1 (since it's kinda all over the place), but a P3 is so stable in hover, I don't get the angst.

Agreed on raising altitude as soon as that belligerent bast**d walked up though. You just KNOW he was standing there waiting for them to take off before he decided to put that dangerous, missile-toting spycopter in it's place. With the guy parading around drunk and shirtless in public, rocking his clear jelly sandals, not likely these guys will be reimbursed for the damage. Clearly what income this idiot has goes straight to alcohol ingestion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.