camera/Android

Reaction score
I bought a FC40, the bird it self is awesome. But I'm having trouble with the cheezy little camera. I try linking to my Android Razr phone. Typically, the phone will not find the wifi signal, if I mess with it, turn off/on wifi etc, sometimes I'll be able to get it to find it, and link up, but it only works for a minute or 2 then freezes. Is this typical? Any known fixes? Is it the camera? or my phone? not sure what to do about it, I've only had it for a week.
oh, so then I decided that was a cheap little camera, and wanted to replace it with a gopro, so, the cam with even a cheap gimbal will quickly reach $500+ then I find out you need a different frequency transmitter/receiver for the cam, seems like what I'll spend to get a cam to work on this thing... I coulda bought the Vision. Is there a wifi cam that does not require the fpv kit? that uses a different frequency or whatever?

the problem is probably your phone, but to be honest, you will need another person with a smartphone to test it out.
Check for updates to your phone, maybe it has a wifi issue that has been fixed.

As for the gopro, the distance would be even shorter for its wifi, but you can boost it with a repeater.

I got this thing a week ago, and have been irate the entire week I've had it cuz the cam would not work.
I've tried adjusting all kinds of settings... it wouldn't work.
was even considering a gopro/gimbul/fpv upgrade but ****, I just got it, I coulda bought a Vision for the cost of all that, then thought about just sending the whole thing back, but the bird flies spectacular.
saw a post on here about a guy w/same isssue
removed SD... phone saw it, sync'd up and it works perfect.

My android device connects instantly.

There was a mention in another thread that someone had to disable a setting which went something like "intelligent wifi monitoring" or some other weird term.

Worked fine after that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers