calibrations

Reaction score
i got 3 flights with my p3 only did a compass calibration, each flight flew amazing, should i be doing more, like imu, gimbal etc.

As long as you've got a good compass calibration and your Phantom flies straight, you're good to go.
If you travel a long way from home ... like more than 100 miles, you could recalibrate but no need otherwise unless you do repairs etc to your Phantom.

Here's a question. When I turn the phantom in in the house and I get atti only or bad Cali reading. Do I need to recalibrate when I go back out? I don't calibrate indoors

OK. For the record as I said I don't calibrate indoors. I just wondered if it throws off the imus to the point that I need to recalibrate when I'm outside again

If you don't recalibrate inside, no, you don't need to recalibrate outside as it has been saved on your P3.
When you get back outdoors it's as if you'd never been anywhere else.

I'm a newbie here.
When I turn my P3P on it says "Safe to fly GPS".
Do I still need to calibrate and if so where do I find the calibrate button?
Thanks in advance
Phill
Whoa Nellie-- Have you read and studied the Phantom Manual?? You will need to know and understand a lot more than calibration to keep the P3 flying although the controls, and GPS make it is very easy to fly.

After you have read the manual and understand all the controls, jump back in here and start asking questions. ( Preferably before you take off.) Welcome to the P3 Forum:):)

Whoa Nellie-- Have you read and studied the Phantom Manual?? You will need to know and understand a lot more than calibration to keep the P3 flying although the controls, and GPS make it is very easy to fly.

After you have read the manual and understand all the controls, jump back in here and start asking questions. ( Preferably before you take off.) Welcome to the P3 Forum:):)
Yep read the manual but had to fly it before I understood a lot of it.
The manual and vids say to calibrate before each flight but I can't find where to.
Does it need calibration before each flight?
I've been in Beginner Mode and the distance and height limits have been working as they should.
GPS is working but I haven't tried RTH.
This isn't my first RC but it is my first drone
BTW There was no manual in the box - I had to download it

Yep read the manual but had to fly it before I understood a lot of it.
The manual and vids say to calibrate before each flight but I can't find where to.
Does it need calibration before each flight?
I've been in Beginner Mode and the distance and height limits have been working as they should.
GPS is working but I haven't tried RTH.
This isn't my first RC but it is my first drone
BTW There was no manual in the box - I had to download it

You don't need to do a compass calibration before each flight. If you have a good one, don't even consider it unless you are traveling to a different geographical location over 100 miles away and then you may not even need it them.. Check the compass Mod Values-- should be around 1500-- before you fly.
If you don't know where to find those, Search compass mod values on the forum and there will be posts to take you to the answers.

Set up and try RTH close in -- more than 30 meters in distance, just so you know how it works. Note, that you do have to set the Fail Safe altitudes and the RTH mode-- Land or RTH.. If you set it to land, it is going to land when you activate the RTH.

Yes, there are no manuals in the box-- and that is good-- forces us to do a little searching and saves DJI tons in printing costs for manuals that no one reads before charging the batteries, taking it up, and crashing the first flight. We are all much like our own children, it doesn't need directions.

Now you have just learned a small tidbit of information about the P3 with your first questions. Spend some time reading on this forum, because most of the posts are problems and issues that folks face in flying the P3's.. You wont be an expert anytime soon, but you can have fun learning, as well as some frustrations. Cheers:):)

You don't need to do a compass calibration before each flight. If you have a good one, don't even consider it unless you are traveling to a different geographical location over 100 miles away and then you may not even need it them.. Check the compass Mod Values-- should be around 1500-- before you fly.
If you don't know where to find those, Search compass mod values on the forum and there will be posts to take you to the answers.

Set up and try RTH close in -- more than 30 meters in distance, just so you know how it works. Note, that you do have to set the Fail Safe altitudes and the RTH mode-- Land or RTH.. If you set it to land, it is going to land when you activate the RTH.

Yes, there are no manuals in the box-- and that is good-- forces us to do a little searching and saves DJI tons in printing costs for manuals that no one reads before charging the batteries, taking it up, and crashing the first flight. We are all much like our own children, it doesn't need directions.

Now you have just learned a small tidbit of information about the P3 with your first questions. Spend some time reading on this forum, because most of the posts are problems and issues that folks face in flying the P3's.. You wont be an expert anytime soon, but you can have fun learning, as well as some frustrations. Cheers:):)
Thanks mate
After paying $2300 AUD for it I'm being careful
Read the manual before going anywhere near the charger which is VERY unusual for me.
I run 1/5th scale RC cars and am in a forum there for the same reasons.
If everyone shares their knowledge life becomes easier.
No doubt I'll be back looking for more answers in the near future
Thanks for the help

Reactions: bobmyers
Thanks mate
After paying $2300 AUD for it I'm being careful
Read the manual before going anywhere near the charger which is VERY unusual for me.
I run 1/5th scale RC cars and am in a forum there for the same reasons.
If everyone shares their knowledge life becomes easier.
No doubt I'll be back looking for more answers in the near future
Thanks for the help
Anytime-- :):)

post up specific questions with explanation of the problems and you should get a lot of answers and maybe some aggravation too-- just don't pay any attention to the aggravators.:D:D:D

Cheers!

Reactions: Phill2
Is there any sugestion if I want to flying my phantom 3 at the full of plate aerial, like shipbuilding industry or shipyard???

Reactions: Phill2
Is there any sugestion if I want to flying my phantom 3 at the full of plate aerial, like shipbuilding industry or shipyard???
If you are asking about flying close to a lot of steel ...... maybe.
It will depend on how much steel and how close you get.
Launch away from the steel and fly gently into the area watching for signs that your Phantom is wandering and not flying straight.
If this happens, fly up or away from the steel to get back to normal.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic