Cached Maps??

Reaction score
Much of the area where I will fly my P4 is outside cell and wifi coverage so I will be caching maps on my tablet. My question (and I have a Shield K1) is what happens to those cached maps once they have been cached. How long do they stay in the cache? Do they disappear if you turn power off the tablet? One particular area I will go to I will frequent and it would be most beneficial to not have to re-cache the map every time I go over there.

Thanks!

Would that be the same as going through the Go app, or is it better to look at the flight area directly with Google.

The GoApp. I don't have cell service where I fly. It uses the cached maps for reference. Just be sure to have "cache maps in the background" enabled on the GoApp.

If you do have cell service where you fly, AND a device with cell service, the GoApp will automatically use current location maps.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

No cell as I have only WiFi on the iPad. Thanks for the tip. Last away trips were with the older Phantom and my iPhone, so I was good for live maps.

No cell as I have only WiFi on the iPad. Thanks for the tip. Last away trips were with the older Phantom and my iPhone, so I was good for live maps.

Yeah, me too. Have a ipad2 mini with wifi only. If the maps don't come up right away, (gray screen), try zooming out a bit on the map.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: snowghost

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl