Cache maps?

Reaction score
Will someone please tell me how to cache the maps and the pre flight steps that are involved. I have turned on the "cache maps" in my settings

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Connect your phone/tablet to Wi-Fi, open up the GO app, on the map go to the area that you will be flying and zoom in and pan around to get all the detail.

Thats the way I do it. Be sure to have the maps cache turned on in the go app. ;)

Reactions: Squirrel!
How did you record your DJI Go app screen? Are you using a screen capture app?
That's not my video. But, yes, the creator used some kind of screen recording app.

I haven't been able to find anywhere in the Go app where to turn on map caching?
In the "General Settings" section of the DJI GO app, the setting is named "Cache Map in the Background" (on Apple devices). There is no setting for Android devices.

Last edited:
Ron Arnson, there is no setting on Android (had to double-check). Since Android devices uses Google maps, that's where the cache comes from. The maps are just always cached by default. I've seen many people say the maps are cached for a longer period of time if you cache them from within the Google Maps app. I've never compared the two caching methods to see which holds longer though.

Ron Arnson, there is no setting on Android (had to double-check). Since Android devices uses Google maps, that's where the cache comes from. The maps are just always cached by default. I've seen many people say the maps are cached for a longer period of time if you cache them from within the Google Maps app. I've never compared the two caching methods to see which holds longer though.
Thanks for the help!

Hi. Went through the steps to cache map as per video. Drove out to the location and everything was fine except no map, just a black screen. Got home, turned on Goapp and there's my map. What am I doing wrong? iPad air2 wifi and cell, set to airplane mode at site as there is no wifi or cell service at the location. Cache maps in background is on, goapp 2.60. Any ideas?

Jojoned, did you enable the following setting in the DJI GO app before attempting to cache the maps?

IMG_1939.PNG

Jojoned, did you enable the following setting in the DJI GO app before attempting to cache the maps?

View attachment 47089
Yes, I did. What is confusing is that the map comes up in go app now I am back home. I turn airplane mode at home and the map still shows up. So it appears to have cached it but did so on location. I don't turn off the tab, only use sleep mode.

Last edited:
Are you sure you zoomed into the correct zoom level on the map when caching? Other than that, I'm not sure why it wouldn't cache properly.

Are you sure you zoomed into the correct zoom level on the map when caching? Other than that, I'm not sure why it wouldn't cache properly.
Yes, zoomed in to the max it would allow. Does the bird and RC have to be connected to cache? Thanks for your help...will keep trying

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl