CAA Drone registration is live.

Reaction score
Hi all you UK drone flyers, in case you were not aware, we have until the end of this month to register our drones and get our Flyer ID, our permit to fly, and Operator ID, your drone registration ID.
There is a simple 20 multi choice "test" to complete and a payment of £9 (I thought it was gong to be £16) before you are issued with your ID's.

Please read this.

Last edited:
Hi,
Ive been doing some research for this and I have a two questions (at the moment).

I am under 18 so I can't take the operator ID. Does that mean I can't fly my drone!?

I refurbish drones, and when I test them will I need to register each one?

Thanks

Hi MJD. Please read through the link there. At 18 you'll bar fine as it states "at least 18".

Chedder is it £9 per soul or per drone and do you have the link please? Ta

Reactions: RonanC
Perhaps stay with this previously existing thread:

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe and Neon Euc
Take care to read properly the CAA rules ....

If you already belong to one of the 5 recognised organisations listed and hold their Certificate such as the A Cert with BMFA ... you are exempt. You will be entered to the registry via that organisation and they are responsible for any fee applicable.

Second it is YOU the person who is registered for ALL model flying from 250gr to 20kg - NOT the model. You can have as many models as you like and all covered by your single registration.

What is the jail term if you don`t register?

This has always been the case, responsible users will always lose out to idiots.

If you are a BMFA member you should have had an email detailing their agreement with the CAA about registering those members who wish to register via the BMFA and how they intend to comply with proof of competency via a Members Competency Certificate. Those opting in via the BMFA are exempt from registering on 30th November and instead can register as part of their BMFA membership renewal in the New Year, which is when all BMFA members renewals are due.

Unfortunately this is like car insurance, only the good guys will take it up and it will not prevent the idiots doing what they want.

Reactions: Cedric99
You can take the test as many times as you like for free if you fail, but the questions are multi choice and common sense, so its difficult to get wrong anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers