CA State Parks okay with drones.

The way Calif works it will take 100 State workers and 50 carrier Pigeons to get the message through.

But then you have some of them that don't care, will give you a ticket and tell you explain it in court.

The way Calif works it will take 100 State workers and 50 carrier Pigeons to get the message through.

But then you have some of them that don't care, will give you a ticket and tell you explain it in court.

Probably more state workers than that. Surprised to find out there are 280 CA state parks. So a head for each, plus workers is bunches to inform. But a lot of 'possible' flying areas too - maybe.

But yeah, likely some heads still will not personally approve of drones and ban them or cite people for whatever reason. Vasquez Rocks Park north of Los Angeles is famous for kicking out photographers for looking professional without a permit. Don't know how they'd handle a drone flier there though, but it's a LA county park with their own ordinances and rules, made-up or otherwise.

However, Bodie State Park (Ghost town) might be interesting for drones, but don't know about the sheer number of people walking around there and the rangers both. They do have a few early light and late dusk photographers days though that I think have an extra park fee.

It's been done by a couple of pros:
SKYPIXEL.ORG - Our friends Aaron Grimes and Russell Brown have...

This is a video of how aerial images of Bodie are processed by Russell Brown of Adobe:

I like the Skypixel movie of Bodie they posted in the first link (
).

I noticed Bodie was deserted which makes me believe they had a permit and special after/before hours time to do it in since it is always crowded when I visited, and a bad road going into it as one of us got a tire puncture by the sharp rocks on that rough road.

Okay, I just saw where they did have a permit. Wonder how much it cost them? They might have had Adobe sponsoring it and Skypixel.org's website owner worked for DJI too (I have his drone book "Aerial Photography & Videography Using Drones" by Eric Cheng too.) so there was likely some capital going into it. Permits in CA ain't cheap, nor is paying a monitor/ranger/cop overtime to stay late!

Reactions: Falcon900

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj