C1 & C2 buttons disabled. How to reset?

Reaction score
Using my new P4p v2 today.all went well except somehow while flying or fiddling the controls, I must have done something to disable or turn off the C1 & 2 buttons.

I use the left hand C (is that 1 or 2?) to flip the camera Straight down and back up to level.
Neither button is. Ow responding. I have the right side set to bring up camera setting, left for camera. But nothing.

Any idea how to turn them back on?

The manual can be found HERE
As mentioned above see pages 42-43

Guess I wasn't clear. I know where these settings are. I have them set the way I want. And they were working when I started shooting.

They worked fine yesterday too.

During the course of 3 batteries today I did something that DISABLED the C1 & C2 buttons.
No response. Even though I have those buttons Assigned with the functions I need.

I'm hoping someone knows what I may have done or how to reset everything to default so I can start over.

AlsoA the camera does pan up & down with the finger wheel, but I have it set to move slow and smooth. Too slow for when I need a quick point down, then back to level.

I found some random oddity where if the C1 does not do the up-down camera thing, that the RC is partially disconnected from the RC unit. I can verify the disconnection by going to the About screen (Bottom of menu in GO 4) in GO where some of the info data is missing when it disconnects from the USB connection. RC still sort of works and flyable, just some things stop working when it does the partial USB connection thing. If I unplug and re-plug the USB, it usually works again and the C1 works and all the About data is shown.

Happens more with the older iPad, and my Samsung tablet too.

Reactions: pivotpoint
Hmm.. never had this happed. I know of nothing that would disable those buttons. Sounds like it might be a problem with the RC.
Maybe do a reset. If I recall correctly, you hold C!, C2 and RTH buttons then turn RC on.

Hmm. I'll try it. I'm on a new P4p, and a new iPad & USB cable.
But is suppose it could get pulled slightly out.

I'll try it again when I get home tonight.

Hmm.. never had this happed. I know of nothing that would disable those buttons. Sounds like it might be a problem with the RC.
Maybe do a reset. If I recall correctly, you hold C!, C2 and RTH buttons then turn RC on.
Thx. Worth a try if the USB isn't the issue

Ok. Tried both ideas. Neither worked. Tried a different USB cable. Nothing.
Really frustrated with this. WTF is the problem?

I. Not yet. Since all the other functions work, didn't occour to me.
Just read someone said that rebooting the iPad may do it too. Hadn't done that either. Will try both this morning.
Thx

Reactions: umanbean
I. Not yet. Since all the other functions work, didn't occour to me.
Just read someone said that rebooting the iPad may do it too. Hadn't done that either. Will try both this morning.
Thx

Rule #1 in electronics: First, reboot :D ;)

Just yesterday, a lady paid me good money to come fix her computer... a reboot fixed it

Fixed! Rebooting the iPad seems to have done it. No Linking required.
Relieved- it's a PITA not
Having that work....

Reactions: umanbean
Fixed! Rebooting the iPad seems to have done it. No Linking required.
Relieved- it's a PITA not
Having that work....

Good deal!

And you're right those C1 C2 buttons really come in handy. I swapped them and made C2 my camera up/down. I mostly use that when I'm landing and it's easier to pull back on the throttle with my left hand and click the C2 with the right

Good deal!

And you're right those C1 C2 buttons really come in handy. I swapped them and made C2 my camera up/down. I mostly use that when I'm landing and it's easier to pull back on the throttle with my left hand and click the C2 with the right
I may try that.
I use it for landing - using crosshairs, also in-between Panorama sets - file down- shoot a frame, then back up,so when I get it hime theres a clear divide between sets to merge, or HDR too.and when setting my center for POI orbits. Lots of stuff...

Also if I want to quickly get back to level for architecture & no parallax

Happen again this morning on my third battery. I rebooted the iPad, and restored the C functions. Glad to know that

I couldn't believe it when this happened to me just a few minutes ago in litchi... C1 and C2 buttons non-functional - dead!

After flying I came back inside and fired everything up with DJI go - C1 and C2 worked.

Shut down and restarted everything with litchi - again, both buttons worked!

Then it dawned on me... outside flying, I was in Waypoint mode with a mission loaded!

DUH!

Well. I'm new to the P4P. Used to the P3p. Never had this particular issue.
At least it's an easy fix...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie