C1 and C2 buttons work intermittently

Reaction score
Been flying my p4 now for about 6 weeks now. About week 3 I started noticing that my C1 and C2 buttons, the two buttons on the back side of the remote will work on one flight from start to finish and then on another not at all. Problem seemed to go away for a week or so and now doing it again today. Any idea why they would be intermittent? Hard to explain but they don't ever stop during a flt, its just either they work upon power up or don't. Not sure what is going on. Today they did not work at all for any of my 3 flts.

Anyone else experienced this or have an idea how to correct?

Have you checked the settings when they aren't working? Maybe a different profile is being selected?

Have you checked the settings when they aren't working? Maybe a different profile is being selected?
Profile? I'm wasn't aware that there were even ways to set or change any type of profile setting. I don't think this is my problem but would be interested in knowing more about where to find these profiles?

My bad, its configuration settings, 3 different ones, but it isn't for c1 and c2 buttons.

Sorry for the late reply, no I did not install the HDMI module...still stock at this end.

I am.having this issue too, randomly works or doesn't work.

I noticed this AM the right one (Looking down at it from above) which I have set for the gimbal roll wheel is spotty in operation. Sometimes I can press it and spin the wheel and the horizon will not respond to tilting as gimbal doesn't move. Another press and it will work and tilt to level horizon. Dunno. Stock, and no HDMI installed either.

I think it is possibly app related. I switched from the DJI go app to Litchi and have never seen the issue once
since. Been flying with Litchi now since end of Nov. I was using android platform and hear comments all the time
about how DJI is making it harder for android platforms to work. Trying to make it all for apple I guess. Pretty SORRY on their part!

Wondering if it's the startup sequence, can you try to reconfigure your buttons when all fired up so information get aligned in P4. Then shutdown all.
Then startup sequence RC, P4, GO app.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Wondering if it's the startup sequence, can you try to reconfigure your buttons when all fired up so information get aligned in P4. Then shutdown all.
Then startup sequence RC, P4, GO app.

I have tried so many methods of getting the buttons to respond on every flight. that this is likely a firmware glitch.

Sometimes they work great, sometimes stop halfway through flight, usually after filming or taking a pic is when I notice it starting to become unresponsive.

Let me suggest you try the same on another Droid/iOS device listed as compatible by DJI or i.e. PhantomHelp. App is same for all when using last version, but the variety of devices is difficult to support and performance is important.

Edit: "...after filming or taking a pic..": micro SD card in drone implied then: try another one of good quality

All this assuming RC as no defect and you're using all last software/firmware version. If problem persist you might want submit case to DJI. Hope does help, rare problem here.

Best Tablets/Phones for DJI GO | Phantom Help

Last edited:
Hi All,

I too have the issue of C1 and C2 intermittently not functioning. Both of mine are set from the factory to open the camera control panel. I believe this to be an "app" related issue.

If they stop working, I reboot my iPad Pro (9.7" iOS 10.2.1) and they begin to work again.

Donald Barar

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers