Buzzing from the Phantom

Reaction score
When I turn on the phantom, it seems like there is a buzzing and fan that is running. I've watched a number of YouTube videos and havent heard this from any of the Phantoms...

Clues? Do I have a bad Phantom? Its new and just out of the box...

I'm attaching a recording I took of the noise. As I can't upload a mp4, I named the file with a .TXT extension. Remove that to hear what I am hearing.

Attachments

• Phantom.mp4.txt
    91.7 KB · Views: 349
There is a fan... either int he camera or the gimbal. I've not looked close enough but it's in that area. I kind of like the buzz as this way it's easy for me to know when the P3 turns on. I'm usually standing over it and can't see the lights directly.

P2s do not have any fans.

Are you in the right forum?

Have you added equipment?

Gimbal buzzing?

From that recording that sounds exactly like the low frequency Buzz that the servo motor on a phantom vision makes. and also the motors on some gimbals if you dont change the motors frequency above 400mhz which makes it less noticeable to the human ear.

P2s do not have any fans.

Are you in the right forum?

Have you added equipment?

Gimbal buzzing?

I havent added any equipment. Its a stock Phantom 2 Vision. There is most definitely the sound of a fan. When I turn off the camera, the fan stops but the buzzing continues.

I havent added any equipment. Its a stock Phantom 2 Vision. There is most definitely the sound of a fan. When I turn off the camera, the fan stops but the buzzing continues.

OK,

I see now.

You have a P2V question in the P2(NV) forum.

Confusing.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31