Buying no DJI brand batteries

Reaction score
854550b3e2a7d051eb48e6b13d2c6824.jpg
b4f54268eea20b42030d7cfd4f41e795.jpg

Is buying no DJI brand batteries worth it? Batteries can be expensive and I have enough experience to invest in a battery. Do any of you have these batteries or have advice on buying a battery. The no DJI brands were: Topacc, YKS, Eachine, Realacc, and Walkera

Personally I would never buy a non genuine battery for my million dollar addiction. Unless they are blessed by dji, you probably won't be able to update the firmware on them, they possibly won't function in the event of a low battery scenario. Charging, capacity and reliability could be an issue.
Guess that would be a no from me......

Personally, I am for using genuine DJI batteries because I put a premium on compatibility and the fact that it will perform consistently.

There are countless threads alongside debates about the topic. You'll almost always get a different answer that is subjective to that individual's experience. Some users swear by 3rd-party batteries in that it performs on-par with genuine ones at a lower cost. Some report otherwise. It's this uncertainty that's stopping me from going cheap. At the end of the day, it's really up to you if it's worth the risk picking up a dud.

Many people are experiencing good performance from aftermarket packs. They may contain cells as good or better than those in the DJI Oem. They might also be crao. I don't have time to test or play around so I just find best price I can on oem.

Many people are experiencing good performance from aftermarket packs. They may contain cells as good or better than those in the DJI Oem. They might also be crao. I don't have time to test or play around so I just find best price I can on oem.

The concern isn't the cells, it's the electronics in the battery.

Reactions: Numone
We are having it again. This one might be better.
You may be right, in the short time I've been on this forum, I've seen an increase in the level of informed advice (I guess as members get more more experience) and a lot more technical input from people that are turning a 'hobby' into a serious going concern. Some of the replies to the common threads that we all see are getting more detailed and less of the stupid, dumb and antagonistic replies I saw last year. Your replies regarding battery queries force me to read them over and over which is unusual for me given my background working on Oberon subs in the RAN.

The one concern I have about batteries is fly-by-night vendors that claim to be selling OEM batteries for $149 dollars, when they deliver cheap, third-party batteries that normally sell for $80 dollars. Find a trustworthy vendor!!! EBay is not a always a good bet.

Read my thread that was posted, there are a few different opinions some bias some not. Keep voting on the pole, I think it's important we get a good result and as much input for the newcomers who need to ask the same quastions. I will buy one but I am very skeptic.

Plus all banter will be enjoyed

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT