Buying a refurbished phantom pro.

Reaction score
Does anyone have any solid advice on where to buy a refurbished phantom adv or pro with a warranty online??

DJI sells refurbished P3As (from Amazon or the DJI Store) and P3Ps (from Amazon or the DJI Store). They come with the same warranty as a new Phantom.

Last edited:
[QUOTE"]I have decided to purchase the phantom 3 pro refurbished. 699.99.[/QUOTE]

==============================================================

I remain unclear, and have yet to have anyone else give me a satisfactory explanation, as to precisely what "refurbished" means in terms of Phantoms.

I am on my 2nd Phantom now - bought both of them over the Internet for just under $400. Both came in wha are obviously "factory" sealed boxes, although purchased from different Internet sellers. In both cases there was NO delay in the shipping or receipt here in the "wilds" of northern Arizona.

Again, both were clearly brand-spanking new in every respect - the only difference I am aware of, is you cant get the extended warranty unless you buy "new".

Given the terrific price difference, and all the discussion about time delays and other issues in getting repairs when you buy "new"......, seems to me makes more economic sense to buy em "refurbished". Then, if you damage your Phantom, just go buy another "refurbished"!

My suspicion is this has something to do with the manufacturer's and regional dealers contractual relationships with each other & their intermediate sellers - specifically, they cant "price cut" their own dealers.

If my suspicion is correct, we end consumers are getting the benefit of a good price deal - the result of excess production at the manufactuer's end...this provides them with a way to get rid of the surplus without violating their business relationships with their distributors.

I bought a factory refurb phantom 3 pro from DJI using Amazon for $650. It was packaged like new and appeared to be brand new. Nothing about it looked used. Full factory warranty. Very happy.

"I bought a factory refurb phantom 3 pro from DJI using Amazon for $650. It was packaged like new and appeared to be brand new. Nothing about it looked used. Full factory warranty."
Me to. Only exception is mine came with no manual.

I think they only come with a quick reference/getting started. You need to download the full manual. Not happy about that part (or what I have read so far about the customer service).

I bought a new Phantom 3 standard off ebay a few weeks back from a woman that was selling it to raise money for a soup kitchen. I suppose it was a donation or something like that. Anyway it was 410.00 and factory sealed as it was supposed to be. Flys great but had to calibrate the IMU before it would take off.

Bought a refurb P34K from Drone Nerds for $465 and P3P from Amazon for $650. Very happy with both.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl