Busted Phantom 4 RC!?

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum, hello to all!

I purchased a refurbished Phantom 4 a few months back now from a well known electrical supplier in Australia called kogan.com.

All has been well and good and I was extremely happy with my little bargain until this afternoon when I took it out for a little flight on the park...

Before taking off I had a notification of a firmware upgrade, to which I ignored and just got straight into flying. After flying for about 20 mins, I decided to land as the wind was getting a little too choppy for my liking. I set the remote down and went to get the carry case to pack it all away. As I returned I noticed that remote was making a noise that was similar to the sound a dial tone on an old router would make and accompanying this was a faded red blinking red light.

After driving home thinking it may have just been a glitch or some minor interference I noticed that I could no longer connect to the drone from the remote and the remote was no longer being picked up by the DJI app.

So what do we think that the remote is faulty? I have tried hooking it up to everything to check firmware, and any sort of status, but to no avail.

I can't even get that far man. It's like the remote won't even recognise my phone. I try to calibrate the remote from the dji app and its says it's disconnected. Tried different cables and everything?

Try a hard reset of the controller, without phone hooked up.

Try to reset the RC:

* Turn on the controller, the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter (top right button nearest antenna) on the controller and hold for about 2 seconds or so until it beeps (D-DDD), then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

I would recommend manually relinking the RC by performing the following;

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button (top left button) on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD.
*Let go all fingers, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.

Yep tried that. Absolute no response what so ever. All I'm getting is a dial tone modem noise and a hazy red flashing light. Won't even register with the dji go app or do a hard reset. This thing can go back to dji for a replacement I reckon. The only thing it does do is supply my phone with a bit of charge and that's not acceptable. Time to pack it away.

Yep tried that. Absolute no response what so ever. All I'm getting is a dial tone modem noise and a hazy red flashing light. Won't even register with the dji go app or do a hard reset. This thing can go back to dji for a replacement I reckon. The only thing it does do is supply my phone with a bit of charge and that's not acceptable. Time to pack it away.
Not sure if it's related, but I had forgotten to turn off the RC after a flight and it started beeping with the led flashing, and I couldn't figure out how to shut it up. From memory I turned it off, put it back on charge and and I was good to go again. If it was linked to the AC before this occurred, it may be something as simple as that. I have read similar threads regarding forgetting to turn off the RC and the audible alarm/flashing light pops up.

Yeah, sadly I have tried giving it a full charge too what was strange is I had just used it with no issues. The remote doesn't make a clear alarm noise. As I said, it's sounds like a mixture between an old dial up modem and a busted speaker. This is why I charged it because it sounded like it was struggling with power. 3 hrs and a full charge indicator later. Still same story. Last time I'll buy a refurb!!!

Yeah, sadly I have tried giving it a full charge too what was strange is I had just used it with no issues. The remote doesn't make a clear alarm noise. As I said, it's sounds like a mixture between an old dial up modem and a busted speaker. This is why I charged it because it sounded like it was struggling with power. 3 hrs and a full charge indicator later. Still same story. Last time I'll buy a refurb!!!
Strange, I just read another thread relating to what I thought was your problem and the OP turned it off, charged it and away he went. Time to check out Kogan's warranty process, hopefully it will be painless.

Reactions: Tommyhawkes36
Strange, I just read another thread relating to what I thought was your problem and the OP turned it off, charged it and away he went. Time to check out Kogan's warranty process, hopefully it will be painless.

Do have the link to his post. In the meantime check out this link. This is the kinda noise it's making...

Do have the link to his post. In the meantime check out this link. This is the kinda noise it's making...
That's exactly the same noise mine was making, I was channeling an early 90s dial up sound and trying to run that through my head. I'll have a quick look for his post.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj