Business Liability Insurance (besides Verifly)???

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good business liability insurance company for my Phantom 3 Advance that has a yearly policy? The company I work for won't accept Verifly as liability insurance.

I am based in California. I know there are a few but they are close to $800 a year for a million dollar policy. I've heard rumors that there are places that have a liability policy for closer to $500 including hull protection, but I can't seem to find any in that price range.

Thanks in advance.

tl;dnw

Just need to know the names of some brokers or insurance companies that are less than $700 a year for a $1 mil liability policy and offer insurance in California.

Thanks.

Contact Evan Garmon.

Can anyone recommend a good business liability insurance company for my Phantom 3 Advance that has a yearly policy? The company I work for won't accept Verifly as liability insurance.

I am based in California. I know there are a few but they are close to $800 a year for a million dollar policy. I've heard rumors that there are places that have a liability policy for closer to $500 including hull protection, but I can't seem to find any in that price range.

Thanks in advance.
Why won't they accept Verifly? We support a host of enterprises. Let us know if we can help.

Best,

Jay Bregman
CEO
Verifly

Reactions: Just Mark

Thanks in advance.
Quotes are based on experience. If you only have a year or so experience flying you might not be able to get one as low as you want.

Why won't they accept Verifly? We support a host of enterprises. Let us know if we can help.

Best,

Jay Bregman
CEO
Verifly

One of the companies I am communicating with ATM will not accept Verifly either.

Verify does not cover all areas (in class G) which is a major inconvenience. The one time I tried to use Verifly, it wouldn’t insure me because I was a few blocks away from a soccer field. I was in a residential neighborhood trying to shoot a house.....

This was over a year ago however, maybe things have changed?

One of the companies I am communicating with ATM will not accept Verifly either.

Verify does not cover all areas (in class G) which is a major inconvenience. The one time I tried to use Verifly, it wouldn’t insure me because I was a few blocks away from a soccer field. I was in a residential neighborhood trying to shoot a house.....

This was over a year ago however, maybe things have changed?

A year is a lifetime! We invite you to download the latest iOS or Android apps. We will arrange insurance anywhere in Class G or controlled airspace if you self-certify you have the authority to fly there (could be as simple as having 107). The system is totally automated for all airspace except TFRs and we even have a manual approval process for flying in those (think Disnelyland).

We have never blocked airspace around soccer fields (maybe it was in controlled airspace?) but in any case I would encourage you to spend a few minutes, update, and check out all the new features.

We also support scheduled bookings, so you can purchase now and get a COI and AI endorsements to send to the client, for a policy to start up to 60 days in the future. Even Film LA now accepts Verifly.

If you have a specific client who has questions, please contact me directly and our team will reach out. You can always email [email protected] if you need help.

Only Verifly is an instant solution - something as simple as raising the limit or adding an additional insured is going to be a maze of phone calls from broker to underwriter and back with a traditional policy. With us it's two taps and done.

Best,

Jay

Reactions: Helihover

Best,

Jay Bregman
CEO
Verifly

Thank you, Jay, for your response.

There isn't a problem with Verifly per se.

The problem is that the company I work for wants to be CERTAIN that their pilots are carrying liability insurance that protects the company too.

The issue is that the pilots might tell the company that they buy insurance every time they fly a job for the company, but then when they get to the site, they decide to save $10 and NOT buy insurance. Since there isn't any supervisor on site to ensure that the pilots actually buy liability insurance, they are afraid the pilots will just forgo buying insurance (leaving the company at risk).

I use Verifly when I fly for OTHER companies, but I can't fly for this particular company unless I can get insurance that they are CERTAIN meets their needs. I do highly recommend verifly for those pilots who don't need to prove to a third party that they are indemnified (I think that is a word) from pilot error / drone crashes.

Quotes are based on experience. If you only have a year or so experience flying you might not be able to get one as low as you want.

Thank you for letting me know that.

Are you using a business liability insurance other than Verifly?

SkyVuze.

A little better than 500 a year. 10+ years experience with zero incidents, and 100+ hrs on current drone. That’s 1 mil, 1 drone with no hull.

Thank you, Jay, for your response.

There isn't a problem with Verifly per se.

The problem is that the company I work for wants to be CERTAIN that their pilots are carrying liability insurance that protects the company too.

The issue is that the pilots might tell the company that they buy insurance every time they fly a job for the company, but then when they get to the site, they decide to save $10 and NOT buy insurance. Since there isn't any supervisor on site to ensure that the pilots actually buy liability insurance, they are afraid the pilots will just forgo buying insurance (leaving the company at risk).

I use Verifly when I fly for OTHER companies, but I can't fly for this particular company unless I can get insurance that they are CERTAIN meets their needs. I do highly recommend verifly for those pilots who don't need to prove to a third party that they are indemnified (I think that is a word) from pilot error / drone crashes.
This works for any clients we have talked to - feel free to contact me directly: I want to buy / pre-book a policy for a future date / time - is this supported? - Verifly Support

I do not know what the rates are but AMA recently added insurance for commercial drone pilots. AMA membership is $75/year plus whatever their rates are for insurance.

AMA is just re-marketing traditional paper-based insurance policies through a Nebraska-based broker. Apparently, that broker is closed on evenings and weekends and a phone call is required to add Additional Insureds, etc.

Verifly gives you instant everything including changing limits, adding Additional Insureds, emailing certs, the whole shebang, 24/7/365...

To our knowledge, Verifly is the only drone insurance system to be featured on Jeopardy! for our service to the industry.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4