Insurance

Reaction score
Can Someone recommend an Insurance company that provides insurance for drone businesses ? I've spoken to a couple of companies and they don't really appear to be really sure about what type of policy I should get for a drone business. they seem to be guessing, I want to be sure.

So I got a business insurance policy from state farm for about $300 a year and they specifically included in the cover form (I guess it is a one page summary) that it would include LIABILITY insurance for my drone.

It's important to have that written out in the policy coverage. Each state farm agent is independent and they might not know if they can do this (or how to do this). Not all agents know about ALL of their insurance policies.

Otherwise, in the actual policy coverage description they give you they state that a general business liability policy does NOT cover aircraft liability. Since a drone is an aircraft, I literally spent a couple of hours with the agents and some people at state farm corporate office to MAKE SURE that the drone liability is included.

I found DroneInsurace.com and purchased a policy. They have several options for coverage. You can purchase flight insurance for the year. I buy flight insurance on the days I'm flying for a client. Other wise if you buy for the entire year, you're wasting money on the days you aren't flying

Can Someone recommend an Insurance company that provides insurance for drone businesses ? I've spoken to a couple of companies and they don't really appear to be really sure about what type of policy I should get for a drone business. they seem to be guessing, I want to be sure.
And what country would you be talking about?
Liability only or liability and Hull cover (aircraft).

Depends where you are? I'm UK and use FlyIcarus.

In the USA, I have insurance through State Farm. $60 / year. Covers lost/crashed drone. :)

In the USA, I have insurance through State Farm. $60 / year. Covers lost/crashed drone. :)
The personal articles policy sold by State Farm (what some here refer to as "Drone Insurance") is for just that; personal articles. The policy cannot be used for business nor does it include any kind of liability.

Hull damage not covered, only liability, but the price is affordable and the insurance is good anywhere in the world.

Buyer beware with insurances. Look at the IDRA PDF form: COVERS THE EVENT FOR UP TO SEVENT DAYS. If they cant spell, theres a chance they wont pay...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen