Building your own Drone

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any great websites or companies to build your own drones from scratch. Such as the parts, shell, computation system, flight control etc? :)

The first substantive off-topic thread we get, and it's...on topic?

I should have known :roll: :mrgreen:

I've thought about yanking the guts out of my Phantom, measuring where all the mounting points are for the board, motors and ESCs... and winging it from there. Can't be that hard I figure. Lots of places to get CF tubes and flat boards to cut as needed. Would be pretty cool to make your own Phantom "Lite" :cool:

Can't be that hard. But if you already HAVE the Phantom, that's even easier. Just fly it how it's designed.

This is for the OP, not you goofballs blabbering away (although I did start cracking up). :lol:

Did you find what you were looking for? I would like to know what you know ifn's you wouldn't mind sharing.

AND, would someone mind telling what this guy :mrgreen: means when he's stuck in a post?

Mr. Green :mrgreen:
A cute green smiley that is a basic staple to all phpbb forum emoticons.
It is green, rather than yellow, and displays a huge teethy grin, expressing a large amount of happiness.

These people make the processor that Hoverfly uses in their commercial UAV's. Hoverfly also sells a controller, GPS and gimbal. Additionally, they sell an open source controller based on their commercial controller, but with "roll your own" software.
Parallax sells a couple of Quadrotor kits and lots of components including the open source and commercial Hoverfly controllers. They even have a book "Build Your Own Quadcopter" to get you started.

http://www.parallax.com/catalog/robotic ... -platforms

I built one of their ELEV-8 quads, flew it for a couple of years and just sold it. It isn't as sophisticated as the Phantom, or as pretty, but it will lift over a pound. They also make a bigger one that will lift considerably more.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl