Budget Hard Case

Reaction score
Just wanted to share what I think is a good deal on a really nice case. I have bought several cases in the past from MCM Electronics. Including shipping it was $66 after stacking coupons BCKTEN NEWREG AFL909
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/22-24160
They offer other sizes as well and are very durable.

Yeah, that Is a great value. & an Awesome discovery for your Phantom.

How long will it take to pluck and pull all those cubed squares to custom fit?
Could you share a pic or two, once you get it all sorted out? Thanks.

RedHotPoker

Yeah, that Is a great value. & an Awesome discovery for your Phantom.

How long will it take to pluck and pull all those cubed squares to custom fit?
Could you share a pic or two, once you get it all sorted out? Thanks.

RedHotPoker

Can't speak to this case, but I bought a DIY one as well and it took me about an hour to set mine up. Very easy to do...just take your time and plan your layout.

Just ordered one..looks good, and I have a GPC that I got with my other P2V+ UAV..but id rather put the extra $ towards spare batteries.

This one is the one you want:

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/22-24120

Cheaper and even shows a picture of a phantom in it.

Someone else posted the link, same site, last week.

I actually have that one for my P2. When I tried the fit for my new P3, I wasn't comfortable with how much the top foam pressed on the motor shafts. I could feel the arms pressing back as I tried to close the lid. The one I ordered should give room to spare.

Glad it helped you out, Bluethundr!

RHP, the P2 case I did only took an hour or so. That was taking my time and getting a pretty good result.

This looks like a good frugal alternative...can u show us how it looks at the end? what tools do you need to do the job?

I just used a sharpie to mark the area I need and the rest is careful pick and pluck of the foam. I'll post up a pic after I get it and perform surgery.

I just received my MCM case and my P3 100% doesn't fit even with all the foam taken out. When I got the case it was super air tight and the top and bottom are sucked in a little, so not sure if that is what is making it not fit, either way seems like it would be way to close anyways.

Got mine in the other day, 50.28 to my door. Cut the foam and fits like a glove. I did trim the top foam pad. I noticed that the foam has longer "fingers." I cut our where the motors would be and where the top portion of the shell is. After I did that it fits perfect. I used the extra 200.00 bucks on batteries.

Reactions: doubledown7d
Here is a clip of the P3 not fitting in the MCM Case
Which case did you order? The one I linked is a little bulkier than the one I used for the P2 as the P3 is a little taller. I haven't picked and plucked my foam yet, but I set the P3 in with the props on and there is PLENTY of room to close the lid without any crushing.

So the consensus is the 22-24120 is too small? Too bad, its on sale today for 29.99

Just wanted to share what I think is a good deal on a really nice case. I have bought several cases in the past from MCM Electronics. Including shipping it was $66 after stacking coupons BCKTEN NEWREG AFL909
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/22-24160
They offer other sizes as well and are very durable.

These are quality cases and MCM ships very fast.

ps...spray the pick n pull foam with Plasti Dip and the foam will stay together and not separate with use.

:harry

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20