Brother AirScouter 300

Reaction score
Hi

I've been using the Brother AirScouter 300 HUD for a few weeks now, and thought you might like to know my findings...

AiRScouter 300 Series | Brother UK

I initially tried them, along with 3 professional drone instructors, and 7 professional pilots.

The instructors were split 50/50. One was against, and the other two saw the merits of the HUD in some situations, hence my 50/50 weighting!!

The rest of us broadly liked the device, for the majority of flying situations.

My synopsis, in brief...

AGAINST
- if you have the eye-piece covering your eye, it obscures 50% of your vision of the drone itself*

FOR
- simplicity of use: plugin in to the HDMI** port, and away you go. No additional software, and therefore no software clashes
- can be used in ANY brightness of light (I can't stress how much of an advantage this is)
- good for left of right-dominance users (easy to swap between eyes)
- * very easy to move the eye-piece over, and away from eye, and then back again

** I had to add the HDMI Module to my P4Pro which is less than £80, and a 5 minute job.

HOW I USE IT
- Lone Pilot: in practice, I use both eyes to get my machine into about the right position, then move the eyepiece over my eye for perfect framing, without having to look down at my iPad. This is SUCH an advantage. Although I need to move my hand briefly, I don't have to look down, potentially losing my bird in the process, and certainly having to refocus my eyes twice

- Clients - love them. Easy to wear. Not disorienting on first use. Helps framing

I use them all the time for all but the shortest of flights, and certainly on all jobs.

They're so easy to use. Upsides easily outweigh downsides.

Hope this helps.

S

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4