Broken range extender

Reaction score
Hi, I've recently purchased a new argtek range extender and upon installation the connector on the circuit board end of the wire broke off and became logged on the female end of the connector. I pulled it out and reconnected it to the wire but the phantom pro3 has no signal past 20m. Am I right in thinking once it has become lose that's the end of the wire. Photos attached. I will be sending it back regardless as the anntenas themselves are badly made but wanted to fly I the meantime. Any help would be great.
Thanks. [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G920F using PhantomPilots mobile app

You need to use a photo hosting site to host the pics, then post the links.

Sounds like you made the classic noob error that many of us have done on these mods including me. Sounds like you broke off the ufl piece that was attached to the board - leaving the stem sticking out of the board. You can try to insert the cable onto the stem sticking up out of the board, but securing it will be difficult, and you won't know for sure whether the connection is ideal. You might be better off replacing the whole board or replacing the whole controller.

Next time, search youtube on how to do this mod and make sure you have all the right tools.

Good luck.

Hi, I've recently purchased a new argtek range extender and upon installation the connector on the circuit board end of the wire broke off and became logged on the female end of the connector. I pulled it out and reconnected it to the wire but the phantom pro3 has no signal past 20m. Am I right in thinking once it has become lose that's the end of the wire. Photos attached. I will be sending it back regardless as the anntenas themselves are badly made but wanted to fly I the meantime. Any help would be great.
Thanks. [emoji1]

If your talking about the wires that run from the antennas to the lower circuit board you are probably screwed, the bottom circuit board is very sensitive and any static discharge or rough handling will destroy the board. I have the same argyle antennas and they work great. Check and make sure you didn't pull out any of the ribbon cables it is easy to pull the #1 or 2 ribbon cables out of place and the #2 cable is your signal cable.

If your talking about the wires that run from the antennas to the lower circuit board you are probably screwed, the bottom circuit board is very sensitive and any static discharge or rough handling will destroy the board. I have the same argyle antennas and they work great. Check and make sure you didn't pull out any of the ribbon cables it is easy to pull the #1 or 2 ribbon cables out of place and the #2 cable is your signal cable. Did you get the kit with both the antennas and paddles?

Reactions: Noncemobile
I got the 2 square paddles. The ribbon cables seem to be in place.
1479572473177.jpg
1479572482734.jpg
1479572487179.jpg

It looks like you pulled the center wire out of the cable, the cable is like a coaxial cable so getting a new cable is one option but it is still possible that you have damaged the main circuit board.

Reactions: Noncemobile
Hi, I've fitted the replacement antennas and it's much better but not great. Range is about 500m before loss of signal. Would I require to do an update after installation of mod antennas?

Thanks

Tim

Hi, I've fitted the replacement antennas and it's much better but not great. Range is about 500m before loss of signal. Would I require to do an update after installation of mod antennas?

Thanks

Tim

There is a hack that you can download so you can open up all 32 channels in the DJI go app and that may help you get longer range if you can find a channel that has less interference on it the only problem with that is the DJI app will only scan the original 8 channels and on all the remaining 24 channels you will have to set manually. Here is the link- http://tinyurl.com/gqzhfl2

Thanks

Tim

Thanks

Tim

There is a hack that you can download so you can open up all 32 channels in the DJI go app and that may help you get longer range if you can find a channel that has less interference on it the only problem with that is the DJI app will only scan the original 12 channels and on all the remaining 24 channels you will have to set manually.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerials