Broken gimble plate and grey wiring w/ photos

Did the same with my P3A. Gimbal plate and wiring harness can be purchased from DJI and others. Pretty straightforward, but you will need to open the shell to get to the other end of cable. That requires a set of small torx drivers. Go ahead and order another set of bumpers (the white rubber things that hold the 2.part of the mount together) which should also include new retaining pins. Takes about an hour to do it carefully.

That may be an easy fix, but the problem is, if you crack the seal on the shell to get in there and make repairs, it voids your warranty. I'm assuming if that was your first flight, it's still under warranty. Might be better off to send to Dji to get them to fix it.

If the cable is still attached at the AC body end and no other cables are broken it looks like you should be able to just push the pins back into the connector and re-install it. I would do that first and see if it works. If it does you can just order a bee gimble support plate and all will be good.

From your picture it looks as if only the pins pulled out of the plastic body of the connector (pins cal be removed by the connector with the right amount of pressure on the retaining clip). If so, With The Birds suggestion should work. Just make sure that the pins get back in place properly and lock into the connector (if not, gently bending the retaining clip should be enough)

Here are the parts you'll need:
The cable pack will only be needed if you're not able to slide the gray wires back into the white connector.

If you only need to replace the gimbal mounting plate, then the repair will be pretty easy. Here's an example showing how to remove the camera/gimbal to get to the gimbal mounting plate:

Reactions: With The Birds
Hey!
I just had the same problem.
I want to try to put the pins of the grey cable into the white connector.
Problem is: there are more holes in the white connector than there are pins on the grey cable.

Does anyone have a photo of how it looks when the grey cable is actually in the white connector?

So that I can place the pins correctly.
Thanks in advance

Hey!
I just had the same problem.
I want to try to put the pins of the grey cable into the white connector.
Problem is: there are more holes in the white connector than there are pins on the grey cable.

Does anyone have a photo of how it looks when the grey cable is actually in the white connector?

So that I can place the pins correctly.
Thanks in advance
with the locking part of the connector facing you connection side down the wires start at the left side and continue across left to right. there will be one or two empty holes on the far right side. no worries on those. be careful as not to get the cable twisted backwards.

To greatly reduce the odds of any further crashes occurring, purchasing a RC simulator such as RealFlight 7.5 would be a very worthwhile investment. Regularly spending a few hours flying with the simulated drone in all orientations, from going away to facing towards you, when the roll and yaw axes are essentially reversed, will dramatically improve your reflexes and muscle memory to the point where it would take a mechanical problem to trigger a crash, because lots of patient simulator learning time will virtually eliminate pilot error as an factor.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj