Breckenridge Colorado

Reaction score
So I've read that all major ski resorts have banned guests from flying drones on site. Are there "pros" hired by the resorts to stand out there and drone you? I'm heading to Breckenridge in a month and would love some aerial footage to go with my go pro.

They have photographers out in the cold taking/selling pics, just wondering if anyone knows if they have pilots too?

As far as I know there is no drone photography at any of the ski resorts. Breckenridge has a pretty restrictive drone ordinance. I live about an hour from there and during ski season I wouldn't even think about flying a drone on any resort property.

thanks, how about the on mountain photographers, any chance they are packin drones ? Seems like a no-brainer money maker to me. Stand on the side of a single slope, fly above your subject, capture a little bit, charge them a couple hundred, give them unedited footage, bam. Business opportunity for sure.

thanks, how about the on mountain photographers, any chance they are packin drones ? Seems like a no-brainer money maker to me. Stand on the side of a single slope, fly above your subject, capture a little bit, charge them a couple hundred, give them unedited footage, bam. Business opportunity for sure.
I have not heard of any local photographers working at the slopes or even coming close to testing the waters, especially after the Breckenridge ban, IMO the risk and hassle is just not worth it.

yeah, even the epic mix photographers, that are working for the resort ultimately, should have a few sparks or something.

yeah, even the epic mix photographers, that are working for the resort ultimately, should have a few sparks or something.
You would think - but I from what I seen so far the resorts aren't touching this. I live an hour from the resorts (45 minutes from A basin without traffic) and would be up there every weekend if I knew I could get a paying gig filming skiers. There hasn't been a peep anywhere about the resorts hiring 107 drivers.

I haven't skied in a few years (I actually avoid going in that direction this time of the year because of traffic) so I don't know if there's anyone filming covertly. In Breckenridge I think the penalty is $1000

$1000 is steep, but if I lived that close I would be out a bunch each season and probably pick up a spark just for on-mountain stealth video taking. Unfortunately, one trip to ski country a year (at best) doesn't give me the push for a stealthy spark

$1000 is steep, but if I lived that close I would be out a bunch each season and probably pick up a spark just for on-mountain stealth video taking. Unfortunately, one trip to ski country a year (at best) doesn't give me the push for a stealthy spark
Well that's not for me. Aside from having a 107 I'm also a commercial pilot so I'm not going to do anything outside the law

I imagine backcountry stuff around there is fine to drone right?

How about slack-country? Peak 10?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West