Brand new v3, brand new crack

Phantom shell plastic is not very reliable: I have two small cracks on my phantom upper shell (where screws goes) too. Applied epoxy glue from inside on these areas: just to be safer.

I loosened my screws and let my bird settle in at air tempeture for my environment. I think The screws were torqued in an air conditioned plant and then when we subject the bird to warmer temperatures the plastic expands and the screws then become overnight and stress the plastic. I re tighten mine with the bird in a nice warm environment here in the summer. No problems with two birds so far.

Reactions: Bigdz
After 150+ flights with my p2v+.Yesterday, I decided to switch to the new airframe shell I had on stand by. I've been gluing the cracks, and finally yesterday after a successful hand catch I notice the cracks were extending and some were getting bigger.
Took me a few hours to do it. I got everything back together stuck my p3 stickers on the new shell and it looks like it just been unboxed...
This time I made sure not to tighten screws down to much. And what was mention above is a good tip.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20