BRAKING NOW! RETURN STICKS TO MIDPOINTS FIRST.

Reaction score
Just started my P4, and get this message before it's even left the ground.

BRAKING NOW! RETURN STICKS TO MIDPOINTS FIRST.

Last edited:
Have you tried an RC calibration....?

Sticks were centered. Strangely enough, I had done an RC calibration just this morning, which is quite suspect. I'm doing another one right now on a different monitor.

Had this message last flights ... I thought it had to do with the HIGH wind gusts I was getting during the flight... I had also updated to the DJI GO 3 ver. app and thought maybe it was a new warning since I had never seen it before...

Anyone know the real trigger of the message. It comes and goes during the flight.

Actually, instead of RC Calibration, I should have said that I performed a Vision Positioning System Calibration this morning, done with DJI Assistant 2. I've been on a chat with DJI for the past hour with no luck. They had me calibrate IMU and RC, but no success.

Thought I'd try another VPS calibration, so this happened...
When I try to calibrate with DJI Assistant 2 on my desktop PC, first of all, as I enter the 'Calibration' screen, audio of a man speaking what I assume to be Chinese starts playing, and then starts playing again and again, so that several copies of the audio are playing at once, but not in sync. Then the 'Start Calibration' button is greyed out, and I cannot start calibration at all. I've tried on my laptop, and I can start calibration, but the Chinese audio plays there as well.

Finally got a solid calibration of VPS, and took the P4 back outside. Same message. I do notice that the message goes away when I rise above treetop level. That prompted a proximity test. I can get within 30 - 40 feet of an obstacle (in my case, trees) and the message appears. Obstacle avoidance still occurs normally at less than that distance.

Actually, instead of RC Calibration, I should have said that I performed a Vision Positioning System Calibration this morning, done with DJI Assistant 2. I've been on a chat with DJI for the past hour with no luck. They had me calibrate IMU and RC, but no success.

When I try to calibrate with DJI Assistant 2 on my desktop PC, first of all, as I enter the 'Calibration' screen, audio of a man speaking what I assume to be Chinese starts playing, and then starts playing again and again, so that several copies of the audio are playing at once, but not in sync. Then the 'Start Calibration' button is greyed out, and I cannot start calibration at all. I've tried on my laptop, and I can start calibration, but the Chinese audio plays there as well.

Finally got a solid calibration of VPS, and took the P4 back outside. Same message. I do notice that the message goes away when I rise above treetop level. That prompted a proximity test. I can get within 30 - 40 feet of an obstacle (in my case, trees) and the message appears. Obstacle avoidance still occurs normally at less than that distance.

in the past ive gotten some odd messages with new versions of the DJI GO app, did they have you try to reset the phantom via the app, once complete sync your flight records, delete then reinstall the app?

Nope, couldn't maintain the chat any longer, but that never came up. Sounds like a good idea though.

I saw the message last time and I think that the dron got to close to a obstacle and it means that the system stop moving.

I saw the message last time and I think that the dron got to close to a obstacle and it means that the system stop moving.
When I was getting it, I was 100 feet above all objects .

I will look at RC firmware next..

Sent from my SM-G935V using PhantomPilots mobile app

I got the same message, I had the RC firmware updated today but getting this message since couple of days. Also my drone goes up and down by itself at times.. ! Scary situation , so I may need to re calibrate everything it seems !

Same message,i reinstaled de app, tried diferent cell phones, updated the RC firmware. I'm too worried to try to fly !

I had this same message today, with Go 3.0.0 just installed, along with other issues - video lag for one. Seems like a shedfull of problems with Go 3.0.0

You got DJI on the phone for an hour? You should definitely go to Vegas!

Reactions: P5dreaming
Nope, online chat session. But I understand that the odds are similar.

Reactions: len750

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic