Bought open-box P4 at Microcenter, acts like it is possessed.

Reaction score
Bought an open box P4 (complete, tested was on the box). Looked perfect, plastic still on everything, battery had 2 charges.

So I get it home and charge everything up, both the controller and bird had an update, those went fine. Did an IMU cal, compass cal, RC sticks calibration and camera cal. Everything looks good.

Go to take it up and seems to be flying ok and the horizon was level which was great. I noticed after a few minutes that the height reading was about 180ft when about 2' off the ground and any height I went to it was about that much off (reads higher). The 'VS' reads correctly though when close to the ground so that's weird.

The other problem I see is if I do a quick ascent to , say, 225ft after I let off it will slowly continue to ascend/read higher today going an extra 25' before stopping. THEN it starts a rapid descent on it's own which can be stopped by pressing up on the throttle.

Screwy times. I deleted the go app and reinstalled and went through every setting and found nothing that would possibly cause this.

Thoughts? Other than don't buy open box (was 975 for a complete p4) and 30 day return policy.

If you have done an IMU calibration on a level surface and it's altitude behaviour is off that much, I would be exercising that 30 day return policy ASAP.

I forgot to add that it's going back this weekend definitely Im just really puzzled about what part might be defective.

Hmmmmm, Open Box? I would take it right back! The previous person probably had the same problems. Saving a few $$$ is OK when you grocery shop, but when you fly something so precise like a drone get your money back! Wait till the P5 comes out in the spring:)

Take it back and wait for the prices to drop on the P4 for the upcoming holiday season. Most likely today the prices are going to drop a bit after the announcement of the P4P.

I consider myself lucky. I bought a P4 in the classified section of this forum, flown less than 10 times. 2 additional batteries, DJI charging hub, Android pad, crash insurance (transferable), original box, all for $950. The aircraft flies flawlessly, I have flown the unit 6 times to make sure everything is okay. Last flight I flew close to 2 miles out without extenders no problems.

Just took it back before picking up my mavic pro at the apple store - I asked for their 'expert' to try it out and we took it outside. Ascended to 250 and her let off the stick. It climbed to 510 feet before stopping then started auto-descent to 185 then hovered.

he had no idea either. money back of course, they are great about returns if something isn't right.

Congrats on your Mavic Pro, let us know how it is once you fly it and take pics with it.

I just ordered a P4 Pro and selling the P3P. When the P4Pro arrives it is going to leave me with a P4 and P4Pro.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.