Bought a cheap p3 pro

what is considered a " good deal" for p3 pro for used and new units?

Btw I knew there was something up with this eBay ad, but oh well hehe :)

Since DJI sets the retail price, a 'good deal' would be buying from a trusted dealer that will back up the sale with service.

Most likely a scam. There is a specific scammed selling non-existent Phantom 3s all over the world on Ebay.

But you are 100% covered! Ask seller for a tracking number (he won't respond.) Then after 5 days launch a complaint with Ebay that you haven't received your item. They will take care of you!

goes back to the saying, if its too good to be true, it probably is.

Obviously a scam since ebay removed the auction. I would also use a credit card when paying via paypal instead of your bank account for extra protection. I thought $979 was too good for a new p3p on amazon, but that worked out well. Good luck.

okay, eBay just sent me this
weird, wondering if the is a legit email
This is why scammers can get away with crap like this.
People want to believe they can get something for (almost) nothing and even when confronted with proof of a scam, some still cling to hope.
Nice explanation Sparky- but would not the real Ebay account holder get confirmation of the item being listed, and also the buyers question?
The scammers also change email contact details on the account - they're not dumb.

goes back to the saying, if its too good to be true, it probably is.

Obviously a scam since ebay removed the auction. I would also use a credit card when paying via paypal instead of your bank account for extra protection. I thought $979 was too good for a new p3p on amazon, but that worked out well. Good luck.
When was this? Is that deal still available?

it was 2 weeks ago and it didnt last very long, less than an hour, glad i jumped on it

...........The scammers also change email contact details on the account - they're not dumb.

Yes, they do that, but ebay will still send an email to the previous addy. That's something the scammers cannot change unless they hack ebays servers.

Your fricking screwed Dude, your both stupid and arrogant to think that you could get the P3P and battery at that price, I hope you get your money back and all that, but if not, then you just paid the price for being stupid, hate to say that to you, but it is the truth, There is an old saying "Ain't Nothing Free" and if the deal sounds "To Good to be True", it probably is, meaning that it is a scam. I got burned years ago, so I speak from experience. Welcome to the BEEN SCAMMED CLUB

[MOD EDIT: This type of talk here is unwanted. Please keep it friendly.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Your fricking screwed Dude, your both stupid and arrogant to think that you could get the P3P and battery at that price, I hope you get your money back and all that, but if not, then you just paid the price for being stupid, hate to say that to you, but it is the truth, There is an old saying "Ain't Nothing Free" and if the deal sounds "To Good to be True", it probably is, meaning that it is a scam. I got burned years ago, so I speak from experience. Welcome to the BEEN SCAMMED CLUB

Have you even bothered to read posts 2-28?

Here's one for only $90! :)

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1447620618.080033.jpg

When someone wants less than 500 bucks for something that costs more than 1300. Please question it. I don't know how people fall for this over and over.

You never considered the person could sell the same thing just as quickly for $1000 if it were real? Of course this is fake! I cannot believe people fall for this crap.

Reactions: gppms
Scam... the "sellers" close or empty the Paypal account immediately after the sale, so the Payapl "protection" is useless. Be ready to kiss your $459 good-bye. I hope I'm proven wrong, but doubt it.

It doesn't matter if the seller withdrew their funds from PayPal, or not...the buyer is STILL protected. If this does turn out to be a scam...which I agree it is...the buyer simply needs to contact PayPal, and file a claim. PayPal will do a "quickie" research, and when they determine the possibility that the buyers claim is valid, they immediately refund the money to the buyer.

After that, then they do their full investigation...which can take several weeks, or only a few hours...and once they've determined the claim IS valid, they attempt to do a reverse-EFT. This is usually successful, for, as long as the seller's bank account isn't closed (which typically takes 7-10 days, even after funds are withdrawn leaving a $0.00 balance, as most banks want to make certain there aren't any outstanding withdrawals coming in), PayPal can recover the money they "loaned" to the buyer. If, by chance, the seller was able to fully close their account before PayPal could recover the money, PayPal takes the loss, themselves, deducting the funds from their "guarantee insurance fund".

The process is almost identical to the prices banks use when a bank's customer files a charge dispute. In the end, whether the bank is able to get the money back from the "other side", or not, their customer DOES get their money back...as long as the filed claim turns out to be valid.

Hi guys, I just found a deal on eBay this morning (europe time morning), and bought it immediately after reading everything carefully to see if I am getting scammed, how ever trusting eBay return policy and paypal protections, I bought this p3 pro brand new drone at $459 shipped with an extra battery.
I am still not believing that this could be legit, but we will see whats up ( asked 2 questions to the seller but didn't reply, and marked my item shipped after half an hour it was paid). Let me know what you all think

Unfortunately, I'd say there's a 99.9% chance that you've been scammed. My suggestion is to keep track of your package, using the tracking number provided, and, once delivered, shoot video of you opening the package. This is your PROOF, should it turn out to be a scam. If it's a scam, IMMEDIATELY contact PayPal to file a claim...do NOT wait, not even a few hours. The sooner you start the claim process, the better the outcome is in your favor.

If no tracking number was provided, I'd suggest contacting eBay immediately, as they should be able to obtain this information from the seller (in contacting eBay, explain that you HAVE contacted the seller, twice, and that the sender hasn't responded).

I've dealt with this type of situation before (sender claimed, in ad, that item was new, but open, & had never been registered...the only truth was that it was open), and between PayPal & eBay, everything was resolved quickly, & I had my money back before the end of the following day. Even though eBay & PayPal are, once again, separate companies, they still will together to resolve these types of matters/problems.

Phantom 3 pro on black friday for $1150 even comes with extra battery. From DJI website.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj