Bondi Beach in 3 minutes or less

Reaction score
I was in Bondi Beach earlier this year. Never had a chance to edit the footage, until recently. Originally I thought I didn't have enough material to make the video, but somehow manage to put this together. The lesson I learned here is that one should always plan and visualise the shots, and perhaps have a shot list before taking off.

Please comment and let me know your feedback. Thanks for watching.

Reactions: tevek
Some nice footage in there reminding me of my younger years swimming and later dropping by the Bondi Tram to have a couple of hundred beers. I probably would have grouped the various beach scenes and cliff shots together to create a continuous flow of the area starting with a pull back shot to start with and heading for the beach and closing out with a run along the coastal area. Still good though!
I wouldn't be posting this video on any of the Australian DJI forums, the drone police will come after you for flying over people on the beach....

Reactions: jeremytoh
@tevek Thanks for the comments. I took some Sydney footages while Vice President Mike Pence was visiting Sydney earlier this year... The Australia Federal Police officers were sat on a bench (pretending to be picnicking) while in plain-clothes, allowed me to take off and when I landed they asked to review my videos. They were kind enough to let me keep the most amazing footage of Sydney during sunset, but I had a long lecture on flying over people. How was I suppose to know which Hotel the VP was staying in?

I have to admit I have been discouraged to fly ever since then, I am more mindful of these factors while flying now. It does take away from being creative, but I think we need to work within those safety guidelines to ensure everyone is protected.

Reactions: tevek

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1