blinking red LED and beeping on controller start

Reaction score
I have my new P4P v2.0, batteries charged. I've downloaded the GO 4 app to my Samsung and it's hooked to the controller with USB cable from the box. If I turn on the controller, the left side LED blinks red and beeps at the same time. It does this if the cable is on or off. I can't find any troubleshooting guide anywhere in the papers with the drone or online. The drone itself has not been powered up since the controller is needed to be started first, correct? What do I need to look for? Thanks.

I haven't tried pulling the battery charge down but it's a no go on calibrating the controller because it's not connecting to the phone. I've clicked on the P4Pv2.0 for device enter and have now turned on the drone. It goes through it's prove out and finishes with it's LEDs on red solid. The controller still only shows the left LED blinking and beeping, the phone display shows disconnected.

I would do that but the controller isn't connecting to the phone. I can open the program on the phone and enter the joy stick calibration but moving the sticks aren't doing anything since the phone shows it's disconnected from the controller. Did yours connect even though the lights were blinking? I believe if it would only connect, I could get somewhere.

My latest deal was to update the software in both the drone and controller through a hardwired USB. They had the latest Firmware but did take an update. The controller was beeping the whole time but the light changed to green and stopped beeping when I disconnected. Plugged into the phone, it connected, calibrated the joy sticks, turn on the drone, it connected, I could see what the camera was seeing, could move the camera up and down. Was not able to start the motors. I didn't have the props on, is that why? I then powered everything down. Restarted the controller and all the original problems returned, blinking beeping light and no connection with the phone. Looks like I'm closer but just not there.

Update, I did a refresh on the controller software which changed the light but still was beeping. Did not turn if off, then plugged in the phone, stopped beeping and connected. Did connect to the drone and I did some short takeoffs just for test. On some later power ups, I had a no connection problem but did connect after unhooking and re-hooking the USB, it worked. I'm sure I'll continue to have some battles but I think I have it going my way.

My latest deal was to update the software in both the drone and controller through a hardwired USB. They had the latest Firmware but did take an update. The controller was beeping the whole time but the light changed to green and stopped beeping when I disconnected. Plugged into the phone, it connected, calibrated the joy sticks, turn on the drone, it connected, I could see what the camera was seeing, could move the camera up and down. Was not able to start the motors. I didn't have the props on, is that why? I then powered everything down. Restarted the controller and all the original problems returned, blinking beeping light and no connection with the phone. Looks like I'm closer but just not there.
Motors will start without props on.

Update, I did a refresh on the controller software which changed the light but still was beeping. Did not turn if off, then plugged in the phone, stopped beeping and connected. Did connect to the drone and I did some short takeoffs just for test. On some later power ups, I had a no connection problem but did connect after unhooking and re-hooking the USB, it worked. I'm sure I'll continue to have some battles but I think I have it going my way.
Make sure your connections are clean and maybe try different wires, but it does sound as if you are off and running.

Thanks Mr.T, yes I found later that the props don't need to be on. I have used a couple cables but I would say the software update was a key factor. Will be out with it today to see what happens.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj