Blinking green light on battery before start charging

Reaction score
Hello pilots ,
I realised several times that sometimes when i plug the battery to the charger , a green light blinks for several minutes before the charging procedure and the normal charging lights begins ..

Any idea what is it ?? I thought first that the battery may be overheated and not ready yet to be charged , but today i plugged it after a 24 hours of last flight so its pretty cool.

Thank you all

If the light furthest from the power button flashes when you plug in the battery then the battery was around 25% and it's charging. As it charges, more lights will start flashing in sequence. If there is an error while charging then the since light near the power button will flash.

The 4th green flashing button away from the power button will flash 3 times per second meaning that it's above the charging temperature range. So If your out flying and then directly go to charge it after a flight it needs to cool down to charging temperature before it can charge.

The 4th green flashing button away from the power button will flash 3 times per second meaning that it's above the charging temperature range. So If your out flying and then directly go to charge it after a flight it needs to cool down to charging temperature before it can charge.
This is good information - where do you find it?

Yes, there's a page of error lights towards the end of the manual. Or one of the quick guides. Can't remember now. I learned the too-hot one quickly lol!

Which manual? what page? I've read mine many times and went looking for it before I posted, and I can't find anything about the overtemp warning light.

Which manual? what page? I've read mine many times and went looking for it before I posted, and I can't find anything about the overtemp warning light.
Page 20 of the manual. Phantom 3 Professional User Manual ver 1.2 English

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435338348.914986.jpg

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk Pro 3

Reactions: bobmyers
I learned something new tonight from another thread.
Today, after flying, went to charge the flight battery & obviously hadn't waited quite long enough for it to cool off. So when I tried to charge the battery it only had the last green light blinking, the one closest to the power switch. Even after it had cooled down some more, still wasn't enough,
I thought about it. Did a forum search, And discovered a thread which explained: You turn the battery on, with two clicks, just like when you start the Phantom, only while not in it. Then attach the charging cord as usual. And it worked, the battery began to charge in a normal fashion, with the lights in the forward blinking sequence charging pattern. First only the first two, then progressed to three and finally its fourth, near the full charge time. Boy was I happy. I though my battery was defective. Panic mode... and with none around to be found, quite frankly it was like yikes!! I mean at least until the battery shipment, may get up here sometime next week. Probably not until next Monday. All is well in Mount Pleasant once again...

It wouldn't be that difficult, to learn something new every day, while visiting the forum. ;-)
Reading the Manual/s is an absolute must, which is also seriously helpful. Yeah but you know, it seems like for some here, they're adverse to reading. Not sure why...
I would like to place the Phantom 3 Pro' Manual files on a USB thumb drive and have them printed and bound at Staples or Office Depot...
I did that with my Yamaha Motif XF8 manual, that was only available on an included disc or PDF file download.

RedHotPoker

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 1,105
You have to realize that the charging protection is there for a reason, not to be hacked and then be happy about it :)

As long as you have that one blinking light, you shouldn't charge your battery, but maybe try to cool the battery down faster, eg. in front of the airconditioner, but NOT in a fridge.

I accidentally updated the firmware on my phantom pro controller to the advanced firmware and it took it. Now when I try to put the correct firmware on it fails and says the firmware is older that the current one installed. How do I fix this?

I accidentally updated the firmware on my phantom pro controller to the advanced firmware and it took it. Now when I try to put the correct firmware on it fails and says the firmware is older that the current one installed. How do I fix this?
It says it's "the same or older". Controllers are not bird specific, so it doesn't matter. Go fly.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31