Black Pearl won't charge

Not usually one to reply to old posts, but wanted to say that I recently purchased a BP RC801 and the battery is defective. First charge out off the box, LED showed green after about an hour. As soon as the charger is removed, charge indicator dropped to 75%, then 50% in less than a minute and only ran for about 15 minutes before shutting down. Two charges later and it runs for less than 5 minutes on battery power. Vendor, DPCAV.com, sending a replacement. This monitor/receiver is working well for me, so I hope I can get a good battery.
Yeah...when I got mine it had a bad battery to. Was replaced and works perfect now.

Not usually one to reply to old posts, but wanted to say that I recently purchased a BP RC801 and the battery is defective. First charge out off the box, LED showed green after about an hour. As soon as the charger is removed, charge indicator dropped to 75%, then 50% in less than a minute and only ran for about 15 minutes before shutting down. Two charges later and it runs for less than 5 minutes on battery power. Vendor, DPCAV.com, sending a replacement. This monitor/receiver is working well for me, so I hope I can get a good battery.

Hey beinert, I'm not sure your issue is entirely related to a defective battery, but I will offer this. When I got my BP, I was getting about three flights of fifteen minutes each on a full charge. On the fourth flight, at varying intervals, the battery icon would start flashing red, then in a few more seconds, no video. This can be deadly if you are flying FPV beyond *you know what". Anyway, I ordered a new battery pack and on the back of it, was a sticker that said "Remove battery when not in use". Even with a full charge, I noticed I had less flying time if the unit had been sitting up for a couple weeks or months with the battery in place. After seeing this decal on the spare battery, I now remove it after every flight and the usage time is consistent over all flights and storage time. It appears there is some drainage if the battery is left in the BP when not in use. I don't know if this will help anyone, but it sure did help me have more confidence in the battery time remaining. I now keep records of how many flights I've used the battery on, so I'll know when to charge, rather than relying on the somewhat flaky icon.

Hey beinert, I'm not sure your issue is entirely related to a defective battery, but I will offer this. When I got my BP, I was getting about three flights of fifteen minutes each on a full charge. On the fourth flight, at varying intervals, the battery icon would start flashing red, then in a few more seconds, no video. This can be deadly if you are flying FPV beyond *you know what". Anyway, I ordered a new battery pack and on the back of it, was a sticker that said "Remove battery when not in use". Even with a full charge, I noticed I had less flying time if the unit had been sitting up for a couple weeks or months with the battery in place. After seeing this decal on the spare battery, I now remove it after every flight and the usage time is consistent over all flights and storage time. It appears there is some drainage if the battery is left in the BP when not in use. I don't know if this will help anyone, but it sure did help me have more confidence in the battery time remaining. I now keep records of how many flights I've used the battery on, so I'll know when to charge, rather than relying on the somewhat flaky icon.

The battery that came with the BP was definitely defective. Wouldn't even run 5 minutes after removing from charger indicating a full charge. The supplier provided replacement is working as expected. After a full charge, I powered up the monitor with the new battery and let run until the low battery indicator came up about an hour later. Thanks for sharing your experiences. The replacement battery I received also has a label stating to remove when not in use.

I see these threads go back a few years, Guess that puts me behind the curve. I have recently become interested in Drones and have bought an #DR IRIS+. Seemed to be an inexpensive entry into drone flying. Now I am trying to bring the package to complete operating status. I have recently installed a 5.8 GHz video transmitter and just a few days ago purchased a Black Pearl RC801 monitor. Problem is HOW do you charge the DARN battery FSBP01 in the monitor?

There are two ports on the lower left side of the Black Pearl Monitor. The bottom port will accept the charging cable that comes with the monitor. There is a red/green LED on the left of the power button that is red when charging and changes to green when charging is complete.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20