Bizarre Phantom 2 crash

My P2 gimble was the same after a crash in the tree's, I reloaded the software and calibrated it an all was good

Update: I started taking pictures of the damage from all angles and then slowly removed the top of the shell so I could carefully work the battery out to store in an ammo box to be on the safe side. After successfully getting the battery out I started to check all the connectors and wiring looking for anything that might have caused the power failure. I inspected the spades that the battery slides onto when inserted into the phantom and then followed the black and red wires back to where they are soldered to the main circuit board. The black ground wire checked secure but when I checked the red wire it was noticeably loose (wiggled) where it attached to the board. I went and got my other battery, inserted it and powered it on. While the phantom was on I was going to wiggle the connection to see if it lost power and as I made the first two little tugs the red wire came right off shutting down power to the Phantom. I took some pictures and if I can figure out how to attach one to this post it should be plain as day as to what might have happened. Only thing is did this loose connection cause the crash or did the crash cause this loose connection?????????

I know this thread is pretty much finished but thats a poor soldering job, too much solder and possibly not hot enough during soldering as the solder hasnt taken to the board as it should. A correctly soldered wire should be extremely hard to tear away from the board like that and that board and surrounding area doesnt show any kind of stress/pressure that you would expect. It was amateur hour in the production line.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers