Bit the Bullet: Cinewing 6HL on Order

• Thread starter Deleted member 6917
  • Start date
That's awesome!!

Thanks, The props were balanced by Turbo Ace because I noticed where they sanded them down....I will put on my balancer and double check their work. On the second flight after battery change I was unable to get the green light lock...calibrated the compass three times...same thing. When I toggle the POI switch the lights turn green...like it is asking for a vertical rotation? From what I have read that the light should turn yellow for horiz. calibration and then green for vert. calibration...am I missing something here? Thanks

Mine were sanded down, too on the Matrix but still needed more work. I remember a tense moment when I launched the Matrix for the first time. Still a little tense. That's the light sequence for the Matrix but I'm not sure that you have the Naza. Did it work the first time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the first flight was a breeze...calibrate.....green light home lock and up she went. Yea, I was nervous as hell! Got a post on Multi Rotor Forum as well about the craft lights doing strange blinking sequence. Hopefully I can get a resolution to this, because I am not going airborne without a green light....too much dough to put in the dirt!

For sure!!! Maybe unplug battery, turn off controller and try again from the start. You've probably done that already, though. Hang in there. It will be alright. Frustrating in the meantime.

Yep, Thanks....did that three times to recycle everything....weather turning windy for the next couple of days and leaving Fri. for FL up the St. Johns on a house boat with my Phantom 2 Vision and Phantom/GoPro/Zimuse/FPV to capture all the migrating birds, manatee, alligators and whatever else gets in front of my lens....packing about 10 cameras, sliders, fluid head tripod and the works...just looking forward to getting these old bones warm.

Greetings for Portland, Oregon. This is my first post on your forum. I expect my Cinewing 6HL via Fedex on Tuesday of next week. I am a tyro of sorts in RC but am a licensed Commercial Rotorcraft pilot on the other end. I am a hell of alot more nervous about my new purchase than I ever was slinging logs off the hills of Indonesia or landing on a Tuna Boat in the pacific ocean. I too have sprung for the A tier configuration except for the single pilot view operation. I ordered through Wowhobbies.com who is a reseller but they seem to have the same communicatin problems as Turbo Ace but we worked through it and it is enroute.
I am using the AV200 with a canon 5D with 360 and triple axis. I am hoping to make friends here as I anticipate problems on the tech side. I hope to post pics next week. If you are in Portland or nearby, give me a visit.

Wow hobbies and turbo ace are one and the same. Make sure that prior to shipping that EVERYTHING is working together including flawless video, FPV, IOSD and that they have a video showing all of this. I'm speaking from a bad experience with Matrix purchase.

I just got back from Florida Sat. night on a float boat adventure on the St. John's River....Yesterday I spent all day prepping for todays flight....I went to my brothers farm....to be undisturbed by anyone...did not want any witnesses if I put it in the dirt! Everything went great....and flew out two batteries around noon...came back home recharged and went to another private location and flew out another two batteries. After the noon flights and reviewing the video...jello again..so I balanced all six props...two were on the money and the other 4 were slightly off....made a big difference with jello...but not completely. I guess I am too critical, being a retired pro photographer of 35+ years. Tomorrow I am mounting my Nex-7 on a foam pad to the gimbal base. I may be to cautious about the flight times......about 8 min. for each flight...when I punched up the voltage output on the transmitter...did not fly below 22.5 volts...I do not know if there is an alarm that goes off like my P2V...I will try that out tomorrow with some very low altitude and stable flights to see what happens. If anyone out there could help me on this, it would be greatly appreciated. I agree that Ken and the guys at Turbo Ace are not overwhelmed by your purchase...but we got thru it. Good luck to the pilot who also purchased a Cinewing 6HL....the beast will make your knees shake!

After my first flight with the Cinewing 6HL I went to Florida for a week and returned to it and the issue with jello. During this past week I have mounted my camera to the AV200 gimbal in many different configurations to eliminate the jello effect. After about 13 flights and with much frustration, I gave in today. It is a piece of junk and the gimbal design sucks...flight times with a Sony Nex-7 is 5 min. at most before the battery drops to 22 volts. I sent Turbo Ace an email today requesting a return authorization or I am contacting my lawyer. I also disputed the first and last payment with AMEX as well. So now I am in limbo until AMEX investigates the claim. They told me to document everything I could, as to the product not producing what it was advertised for. They advertise it as a high end stable cinema quality video. There is no way that large gimbal is going to stay still with all the surface area. When you fly forward the broadside of the gimbal catches all the air and shakes. I do not know who produced their advertising videos but it is **** sure it was not shot from a Cinewing 6HL. Now way! Win a few, loose a few....I purchased one of the first pro quality digital cameras in the year 2000. Kodak DCS 660 The price started out at $30,000 and when it came down to 15 I bought it along with a dye sub printer for 25 grand and change. It was a blessing and preformed for 5 years flawless producing tack sharp images up to 30x40" at only 6mp. Hell you can buy a 6mp camera now for 25 bucks! I have talked with other forum members who is also unhappy with their purchase of the Cinewing.....problems, problems....and no customer support to speak of. I am thru with Turbo Ace and anything else they make....Never again.

Sorry to hear that.

Hope your return goes smoothly. I did enjoy this thread vicariously :)

After my fiasco with wowless hobbies, I contacted Joe at fpvflyamerica. He is willing to walk me through a few problems. He is the other turbo ace dealer. Sorry to hear this. Major disappointment! Really odd about your flight time. I'm getting 12 minutes plus with the Sony Nex 7 and Matrix. It's really smooth video but it took a lot of BS to get there with wow.

Thanks for the shoulder to lean on....I am done with all of this BS...flew the bird this morning at 8am for the last time. Had three cameras running for documentation and false advertising plus a little deposition by myself. So worked almost all of the day taking everything apart...boxing it all up and printing out FedX labels for a pick up on Monday to send all the crap back to CA where it belongs. We will see who AMEX sides with on this issue...also called them and told them to document that the order was being returned and had plenty of video documentation for jello, rough pans, rough tilts and rough rolls..My Phantom 2 Combo will be here Monday as well with the new 3 axis gimbal and GoPro Hero+3 Black....now maybe I can get that high end job completed with some descent aerial footage and get on with my life....time to take a nap. Thanks.

Attachments

• Cinewing boxed up.JPG
    Cinewing boxed up.JPG
    403.1 KB · Views: 352
A complaint to the Better Business Bureau would strengthen their "F." I'd be happy to provide a testimonial as to their lack of service. They seem to have call blocking as well as email blocking for their unhappy customers. It took an unbelievable amount of time to correct my issues not to mention the emotional turmoil! 3 months!

Thanks Flyshasta, I may need any support I can get before this is all said and done. Right now it is up to the decision team at AMEX and they will resolve the matter one way or the other within 30 days. This is not a quote....but with social media the way it is now and all the other outlets we have at our disposal...they may never sell another Cinewing 6HL again?

That is some expensive looking jello!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4