Birdside modifications

Reaction score
I have a phantom 3 standard and I would like to do some birdside modifications. I currently have done all the modifications that can be done to controller. I use a boosted itelite dbs antenna on the controller. I have added four antennas to the bird. I am now considering a 2.4ghz amplifier birdside. I am also considering adding a second phantom 3 battery to extend flight time. Any thoughts or suggestions for hardware?

bdbde5e63daa37d4198bcc254d4a3854.jpg
81373ace8bb784eedbf11621b705817b.jpg

Reactions: Neon Euc
the birdside mod is simple lots of info on here for that mod. there were also some posts on installing the AC antennas from the P3P

I'm also interested in adding a bird side amp mod to my Phantom 3 standard. I'm also interested in doing the Dual battery mod that has been posted on this forum for quite a while, I'm just not sure which style to do it with and if it makes a lot of difference in terms of flight time

I am going to do the direct install to the board. I ordered battery wings and can't wait To install them. I'm going to start out with two 7.4volt nanotech 2200mah batterys.

I have made two sets of battery clips. They are fine, but inworry that the battery will pop out. I'm probably just worrying.

a7df81575f1a0155d917a24834505474.jpg

So I did some work this week. I did a completely dismantled of my phantom 3 standard and painted it. I also installed two external 5.8ghz dipole antennas on the extended landing gear. I also installed two external battery ports, soildered to the board, and two external battery mounts. I also upgraded the 2.4ghz antennas with phantom 3 professional antennas in the landing gear. I also added blue glow string and snap on prop guard's. Quite a big change so far. Tomarrow I'll take it out for a range test.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Wow... Looking forward to the update on this range test [emoji4][emoji4]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl