Bird returned after gimbal board r/r is acting up

Reaction score
Test flying my recently returned P3P after a gimbal board failure is proving to be scary. The a/c came back with version 1.8 on the RC and 1.5.30+ on the bird. The app on my iPad WiFi only mini is 3.1.4.

First time out I became a bit nervous when the No Image Transmission warning came up for several seconds with an imageless view on the mini. After a short flight I noticed while checking settings that the image on the mini was doing a some kind of refresh from the top of the screen down every 4 or so seconds; this would dissolve into a pixilated partial green screen very briefly. I examined the video and it looks to have shown up on the SD card(not the colored artifact but the interruption/refresh looking anomaly. I have a tin can and string internet connection so rather than go to a friend's house to update firmware for the GO app I decided to re-link the controller. During the flight test all imagery looked normal and I used auto takeoff. I went to rotate and got no response. all stick inputs were ignored and thankfully it remained at a 6 foot hover, having taken off from a card table. I couldn't get it to shut down and wound up having to pull the battery after grabbing the landing gear. this resulted in a motor overheat warning. I will be heading over to that friend's house to try to update the GO app later but thought I'd ask here if anyone else had seen this issue.

1.5.3+ does seem to be a problem, particularly with the + though the + could be because of the battery firmware being newer. 1.5.3 might not work well with 1.8 on the RC.
Since you could launch with the app, could you not land with it?

It took off after the auto takeoff swipe on the pad but the sticks did nothing. I didn't want to risk pushing the RTH button as it is set to RTH at 50 meters and it was at six feet. I grabbed it and forgot the button does nada when in flight so I risked losing a finger extracting the battery while it merrily over revved. It took three hours to download 3.1.7 for the GO app but a test flight seemed to show no current issues. In retrospect it was probably a mistake to attempt a re-link I did just get a battery FW update prompt so you may be on to something. Very relieved to be back in the saddle but will report any anomalies noted after battery FW update.

You do realize the button in the app for takeoff changes to land once you have taken off. If you can take off with the app, you should be able to land.
Below that in the app is the RTH button.

Because I had RTH alt set to 50 meters I was afraid to have the bird climb if it wasn't going to respond to control inputs. Updating the Go app to 3.1.7 took care of it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik