BH Photo Giftcard with $869..Selling for $669!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he already had a deal with Maserat?? I'm sure his reply to him was "Deal!"
Then Ksc does his homework and offers this guy the $560 that he asked and it's shrugged off and still offered for sale!
Am I following all this correctly?
Mav, use your noodle! Everyone knows you're full of $hit!

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

I can't fault a guy from trying to make more money but if he wants to do an auction style and drive the price up then put it up on ebay.

Assuming, and I'll be extremely generous here because ebay will reach an audience who is larger the forum here and they haven't seen him offer it for $560, so assuming that he get $700 for it, ebay is going to take out $70 dollars and paypal will take $20.60 which means he will make just over $609. That is his best bet unless someone on here wants to offer him $628 with paypal seller protection (nets him $609).

He will have to wait a week for the auction to end (I don't think he will be able to reach $700 in less time) plus another two weeks for the funds to clear paypal. Unless he is a power seller which took me over 2 years to reach before I got it so I get the money cleared the second they send it. So yes he will make more money that way, but will have to hold on to it until the end of the month. Considering he has been trying to sell it since early April, then perhaps waiting until the end of May to make $49 bucks is worth it to him.

In a PM to me he said "As for me I am a 35 year old career firefighter, I'm not hurting for money. I work 2-24hr tours a week and I earn 100k a year. If you like I can show you a pic of my paycheck to prove it. And yes, it's true being a career firefighter is the best job in the world!" so I personally would think that $49 isn't going to break the bank for someone making 100k a year. But I could be wrong.

Side note. It is ironic that a firefighter (government employee) would make this comment:
Mav456 said:
WoundedWarrior said:
This is 340 new. Your looking at a true market value of 200. Way overpriced. Save $30 and get no warranty.

I'll offer you $180

What's the difference between a welfare drug mom food stamps and a guy who served in the military and takes free government direct deposits?....Nothing they are both cheating lying leaches begging for a free ride !!?!'

Mav you were going to take $1100 from Maserat for a $1369 purchase.
Back out the $869 you have on the card means you would have had to come out of pocket $500.
So take the $500 out of the $1100 purchase price means you would have made $600.
You would have also had to drive 3 hours.
Assuming you drive 65 MPH for 3 hours means you would have traveled a 390 mile round trip from your house to meet Maserat.
I can't see a firefighter driving a Prius but if you did, you would get about 40 mpg which translates to 9.75 gallons of fuel.
Lets just assume gas is $3.35.
You would have spent $32.66 plus wear and tear on your car.
According to AAA, wear and tear is roughly $.30 a mile which means you invested almost $150 to make $600.
At the end of the day you've only made $450.
So my offer of $560 is $110 over what you were willing to take last night.

Sure wear and tear isn't something that people consider and if you want to take that out, you've still invest over $32 in gas.
I am $7 off from what you would have made.
For someone who makes $100k a year, is $7 a big deal?

With that, I'm going to go ahead and pull the plug on this thread.

If Ksc's offer is accepted then there's no reason for it to keep it going...and if it's not, then I'm not going to let this ridiculousness drag out any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj