BH Photo Giftcard with $869..Selling for $669!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I PMed you the same thing I posted here. As you know I originally offered $700 which I dropped to $620 when you wanted it sold while B&H was closed and you countered at $650. Now you've dropped the price to $560 and I agree and you still won't take the offer. Am I the only who finds that odd?

it seems to me that the only way this transaction will go through is if Mav buys gift cards using his gift card. The gift cards would be purchased using the new buyers name/email/address/phone number and once he hits submit, he can't then spend the money on his gift card or cancel the transaction. At that time the new buyer can paypal the funds to Mav via friends and family. This requires Mavs trust (which he has said "So you want me to buy gift cards in low denominations in your name, send them to you and pray to all mighty god you paypal me my money") which is ironic since that is exactly what I said when he wanted me to paypal him the money first......

so either he offers that to me or to someone else or I don't see this being sold.

wait... didnt he say "must sell today" a couple of days ago?

And didnt a few people already say they wanted it?

And for a seller, he certainly is combative instead of, I don't know... trying to make a sale?
Something isnt right

I honestly don't think he wants to sell it and/or doesn't have anything left to sell. If he did, he would have sold it to me already.

Market value of the gift card is $0

Asking people to gift money through PayPal to avoid paying fees on goods is a violation of paypal rules!

If you're willing to scam paypal....well.....that shows a certain level of dishonesty right there!

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Maserat said:
Hey Mav, Just use the giftcard to buy the + with extra battery and I'll buy it from you for $1100.

If you're serious, I would negotiate the terms publicly! Who's going to pay the shipping? Are you going to gift him the money and scam paypal if he asks?

Don't open the box when it arrives, save the receipt, and let me know when it's in. Oh and obviously not a used unit.

Also I'd like to take the trust issue out of the equation and conduct the transaction in person so let me know what state you're in, if you're close enough to me I'll do it.

I didn't pull my offer, it still stands. What I am doing is outlining the terms that I'm comfortable with. Since there is no buyer protection that I'm aware of when buying from a forum member I will only feel comfortable dealing in person if possible, also no fees or shipping gets both of us the best deal.

Maserat.
Don't do it. At this point, if he was trying to scam us, i think he knows he's been found out and is just trolling. I've never seen someone so combative when trying to sell something

Thanks Dragonash, I do realize it may be a scam which is why I'm only willing to do it in person. It's the best offer he's gotten so if it's a go he and I will get a good deal. If we put the deal together I'll post the results, either way we'll all know for sure.

Mav, You are about 3hrs drive from me. Meet me half way, just over the NY/CT line in Greenwich. I'll stand by my offer and drive out to do the deal, If you're interested let me know.

I have a bag of popcorn! This is to funny to turn away from......
I thought there was a deal already??? [DISAPPOINTED FACE]

i got $10 that Mav will act like a deal was never made and continue to look for buyers!

oh wait... ;p

Here is a chat log I just had with B&H:

An agent will be with you shortly. Please stand by.
The next available agent will be with you soon. Thank you for your patience.
You have been connected to Ike K.
kevin : Balance of gift card check....
Ike K: Hello kevin. My name is Ike K. How can I help you today?
kevin: Hi, quick question about gift cards. Someone on a quadcopter forum is selling a $869 gift card for $560. He says he crashed so many phantoms that you returned them and gave him the gift card. I'd like to confirm that the gift card is legit before I pay him for it. Card # 8652-7987-1527-9879 and is this something that can be transferred into my name to prevent him from using it after he sells it to me?
Ike K: Please allow me a moment while I look into this for you.
kevin: Thank you
Ike K: I do see that at the current time the card has $869.00 on it, there is no way to guarantee that if and when you purchase the card the fellow selling it will not use it right away and leave you with a card with no funds. Again the card has the funds on it at this time but we take no responsibility
kevin: sure. I understand. Is it possible that a PIN number change can be requested? Or could the card be used to purchase other gift cards? in case I didn't want to use it right away?
Ike K: You can use it to purchase different gift cards
kevin: ok great. thats all. thank you
Ike K: You're welcome.
Ike K: Have a wonderful day!
kevin: you too

to make it easier to read, I put my side in bold. It looks like the card has a balance and the best way is for him to buy you gift cards so that you do not have to worry about him using the card in the future. The problem is that you either pay him first and hope he honors the deal. Or you pay him after and that means he has to hope you will pay him.

The last and final way would be to do it in smaller amounts. Amounts you will be ok taking a chance with. For example, paypal him $20 and he buys you a $20 gift card. He would use your email/phone/address so that the card goes to you and no one else. Then possibly the next time the rolls are reversed and the amount increases. He sends you a $50 card and you send him $50 via paypal. Then you send him $100 and he sends you $100. Keep this going with the amounts increasing until you guys reach an amount you both agree upon. For example if you are going to pay $500 for it then you would keep going until you have sent him $500 via paypal and he has sent you $500 via gift cards. At that time he would then have to send a gift card for the remaining balance. Its a trust game

Or Mav, I'll offer you this.... On Friday you wanted $560 for it. I'll give you $560 up front and take my chances. But I'm going to paypal you as if you are a seller and via friends and family. I'll PayPal you $577.03 which will net you $560 (paypal charges 2.9% plus 30 cents per charge so use your noodle and you'll see the math is right). I'll be covered on two ends, by paypal and by Amex. I'll do this deal today up until 4:30pm since B&H closes at 5pm. You'll need to provide me your paypal address and first/last name as this is required by paypal when not using ebay.

Mav456 said:
Finally someone used there noodle, smartened up and contact BH. I've sold a few things here before like a blackpearl monitor never a problem. Never scammed anyone in my life. Not worth the bad karma for a few pennies. Anyone wants to PM me, now that you know the card is real and make offers? I am willing to do this gift card buying in someone else's name. But it's a pain in the butt a lot of on BH website paypal etc. but will do it for a fair price for me and for you. Remember your getting free money here, and now it's guaranteed! I started at $700 and had offers. Than lowered to the pit of $560 with all the fraud talk. Let's find that fair middle number, get me out of the card, and get you a ton of free $$!!

I just offered you $560. You asked for $560 and I'll pay $560. You are getting what you are asking for. It was a fair number for you on Friday. If you want to do the deal, lets do the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl