Beware when buying props on Amazon

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
phantomhelp.com
There is a seller on Amazon named "Random's Store" selling OEM DJI 9450 props that claim to be compatible with the Phantom 3. Here's the listing.

While these props will technically fit on the Phantom 3, you should not buy them because they have metal hubs. Due to the new braking system in the Phantom 3, you should only fly with 9450 props that have composite (plastic) hubs.

All of the props listed here are okay to use:
DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

I just wanted to get the word out there because the seller has no intention of correcting his listing on Amazon.

Last edited:
While he list the P3 as a compatible UAV, he also makes it clear they are metal hubs and not the new style plastic hub so his ad is more confusing than it is a con.
  • Beware: This is metal 9450 propellers,not the new plastic 9450 propellers.

Thanks for the heads up! ;)

Reactions: dirkclod
he also makes it clear they are metal hubs
That was his "fix" after I alerted him of this issue. He obviously is out to dupe people.

They are clearly P2 props, even the packaging says so. Hopefully P3 owners will be observant enough to spot that and use Amazons liberal return policy.
The guy could just correct it. :confused:

Reactions: dirkclod
He sent me the following emails this morning:

"The thing is same. Just like metal 9450 not suppoed to be used on v1.0 Phantom 2 vision+,but many buyers buy it for their older Vision+."

"To be frank, DJI have received many reports that plastic propellers were burnt when the motor in high speed whirling. DJI should promote metal 9450 propellers for Phantom 3 again in the very near weeks."

I'm sorry to say that although P2v+ (metal hub) props are continuosly told NOT to be compatible, I use without any issue all the time on P3. Until now the braking action hasn't loose props in any way. The metal hub is much more resistent than the plastic hub. The plastic thread get loose very soon after 20 times screw/unscrew props...

Dome, be careful how high you set the brake sensitivity to in the "MC Settings" --> "Gain & Expo Tuning" section of the DJI Pilot application. If too high, your props will most likely spin off when braking hard.

And, the seller had a change of heart today. He just updated his listing and emailed me this:

"Thank you. You are right. I have stopped promoting it for Phantom 3 and will create a new listing for Plastic 9450."

Dome, be careful how high you set the brake sensitivity to in the "MC Settings" --> "Gain & Expo Tuning" section of the DJI Pilot application. If too high, your props will most likely spin off when braking hard.

Thank you @msinger, I'm aware that this is at my own risk and I know very well the problem.
I didn't touch any expo tuning parameters for the moment.
As soon as P3 props will be available and I have sold all remaining P2V+ props, I will stop it..;)

You can lead a horse to water...

I had the same issue with some P2 props from an Amazon reseller. Advertised as genuine DJI, picture showed genuine DJI. What I got was XOXO knock offs. Raised hell. Got refund. Put them in the garbage.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20