Beware of FireBolts

Fantomas said:
MapMaker53 said:
Going back to a comment I made a while back, my concern regarding the firebolts was that the ragged plastic nibs looked in the picture like they could easily break off after a handful of uses. I bought a different set http://www.shapeways.com/model/2276697/4x-dji-phantom-prop-guard-connector-v3.html?materialId=62 from Shapeways in anticipation of training sessions for someone else and I find the plastic of mine to be quite dense and generally well-made. I have no skin in the game and am simply posting my comment as a consumer's opinion. One does need to buy some small bolts and nuts at a hardware store to attached the snap-ons to the prop guards and I wish I could say what size, but at this point I have forgotten what I had bought. Old age. Personally, I think they should come with the required hardware in the bag.

And may I ask how they're holding?
Do they come off easily. If so, they're useless.

Haven't had a problem. They go on and stay on. No twisting around. Compare the images of the Firebolt with the Shapways one - specifically the side walls. The Firebolts side wall is just vertical which would allow it to slip down from the prop arm, but the side walls of the Shapeways version actually are contoured to the arm shape and extend a little bit over the top of the arm, allowing them to fit snug on the arm without any twisting or slippage. Fits nice and secure.

bbedsole said:
Fantomas,

Paypal offers the same "buyer protection" as Ebay. If you have a problem with a purchase (defective or non-delivery), you can go to the Paypal website, click on the transaction, scroll to the bottom, and click on "Resolution Center". Similar process as Ebay. Just state your issue, and they give the seller a time limit to respond.

From past experience, it's my understanding that Paypal will reach into the seller's account and withdraw the funds if there is no response or a ruling in your favor.

I just checked, and TECHNICALLY the money has not been refunded yet, but I did get some type of automated email from "Save My Phantom" saying my money was refunded. I'm guessing it takes a day or two for the money to transfer. As soon as the money is refunded, I will close the case with Paypal.

Now I understand why it took so long to get my Firebolts. He gave me (and as far as I can see, he did the same thing for a lot of you) all kind of weird excuses (manufacturer delays, problem with colors, gonna ship tomorrow(he never did)...you name it). When I went on Paypal to ask for a refund, I got this answer:
This dispute closed because it was opened for more than 45 days after the transaction date...
:eek: :eek:
He was just waiting for the 45 days delay to ship my order and avoid being force to refund my money! :(

PEOPLE DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS GUY!

Now that's not really fair. We get 40+ emails a day, and we do respond to every one. I don't have enough time to be responding and shipping at the same time. Once you ask for a refund, I save that email and process the refund at a later time.

The FireBolts are not made to be installed incorrectly, so even the slightest differ in the way you take them off can cause problems. Trust me, I am working on a solution, we will have these injection molded before too long.

Even so, we are about to work the number of orders down to 100 which means we are making progress. If you have experienced a break or something of that nature, I have always honored our policy of a replacement or refund. Please email [email protected]

Jacob

Cheaper solution. Thumbscrews. I have used this with great success. Simply remove the two outer screws and replace with these. Takes about 5-10 seconds each arm to screw these in.
http://www.mcmaster.com/#96016a054/=v4u0rp

Not only is it quick, but the prop guards sit on the phantom the way they are designed too.

thedjiguy said:
Now that's not really fair. We get 40+ emails a day, and we do respond to every one. I don't have enough time to be responding and shipping at the same time. Once you ask for a refund, I save that email and process the refund at a later time.

The FireBolts are not made to be installed incorrectly, so even the slightest differ in the way you take them off can cause problems. Trust me, I am working on a solution, we will have these injection molded before too long.
Jacob

I agree...Even with only a slightest touch and OFF they go. They are not made to hold on tight. DO NOT BUY!
What I don't understand is why you are selling these thing if you already knew something was wrong with them ... :shock:

Don't do that. Don't mix up my words to try and hear what you want. I did'nt say "A slight touch and off they go" as you did, I said " the slightest differ in the way they are INSTALLED can cause problems". We include an instruction sheet, but most of the time, problems occur when people do not read it.

Also, I did'nt say "something is wrong with them" I said "we are working on a solution". I meant that to mean that we are working on a way that even if you don't read the instructions, you can't mess it up. And by the way, we are not selling them right now.

Please read my responses carefully before replying.

Jacob

thedjiguy said:
Don't do that. Don't mix up my words to try and hear what you want. I did'nt say "A slight touch and off they go" as you did, I said " the slightest differ in the way they are INSTALLED can cause problems". We include an instruction sheet, but most of the time, problems occur when people do not read it.

Also, I did'nt say "something is wrong with them" I said "we are working on a solution". I meant that to mean that we are working on a way that even if you don't read the instructions, you can't mess it up. And by the way, we are not selling them right now.

Please read my responses carefully before replying.

Jacob

Sorry to disappoint you but there was NO instruction sheet when I got your "things"...
And after speaking with a fee others, I found out I was not the only one having issues with your product.
Could it be a bad batch, bad design, production issue...I don't know, but I will never fly with these on. Sorry.

I also got mine finally and they don't fit correctly at all-the pins don't come close to fitting in their corresponding holes on the Phantom and snap off immediately upon trying to get them in!

Very disappointing!!

Jack

It seems as if both of you were installing them incorrectly. Attached is the proper installation.

Jack, if you have not already, please email us so we can send replacements. We replace the pieces, even if they were installed incorrectly.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-12-22 at 4.51.13 PM.png
    Screenshot 2014-12-22 at 4.51.13 PM.png
    266.5 KB · Views: 395
Jacob, how can you explain yourself for not responding to emails? Why would you process refunds later, rather than immediately? I will not be buying anything from you.

eyecon82 said:
Jacob, how can you explain yourself for not responding to emails? Why would you process refunds later, rather than immediately? I will not be buying anything from you.

Have you sent an email that has not been responded to? Also not sure what you mean about refunds. I would request that you look a little further than 1 person mad about our service before you make a decision.

Happy New Years,
Jacob

jackiedh said:
I also got mine finally and they don't fit correctly at all-the pins don't come close to fitting in their corresponding holes on the Phantom and snap off immediately upon trying to get them in!

Very disappointing!!

Jack

Told ya :(

thedjiguy said:
It seems as if both of you were installing them incorrectly. Attached is the proper installation.

Jack, if you have not already, please email us so we can send replacements. We replace the pieces, even if they were installed incorrectly.

As an act of good will, Jacob, I'm willing to give you a second chance. Do you agree to send me a full replacements set free(4 pieces) for me to test them again? I think you know who I am since I already sent you my complains (with the exact same pictures shown earlier).
Let me know.

I think the quick release for props guard idea is great, it's just the design/production that are not so great...
If you fixed/changed anything in the design, I'll be glad to give them a second chance and put them back in my "Ultimate Guide" for the Phantom...

Fantomas

Fantomas said:
thedjiguy said:

As an act of good will, Jacob, I'm willing to give you a second chance. Do you agree to send me a full replacements set free(4 pieces) for me to test them again? I think you know who I am since I already sent you my complains (with the exact same pictures shown earlier).
Let me know.

I think the quick release for props guard idea is great, it's just the design/production that are not so great...
If you fixed/changed anything in the design, I'll be glad to give them a second chance and put them back in my "Ultimate Guide" for the Phantom...

Fantomas

No answer whatsoever...So I guess you did not fix your design/production issues...too bad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.