BetterView roof inspections

I just signed up and will give the test a try. Their website list a few immediate demands and one of them is close to me.

Drone Base is awesome. I've been flying for them for a few weeks now and love it!

I just signed up and will give the test a try. Their website list a few immediate demands and one of them is close to me.

Drone Base is awesome. I've been flying for them for a few weeks now and love it!

Are you doing residential panos or other jobs? Any payouts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Residential and commercial panos only with several payouts.

Residential and commercial panos only with several payouts.

Nice. The residential panos in my area seem fishy. Many are not "for sale" properties. I wish I lived in a more rural area. Where are you?

I fly around Portland Oregon. I don't shoot homes unless they have a visible for sale sign. Some might show sale pending or even sold, I don't even bother with those. I've even found several "bunk" addresses. If the address doesn't pop up on my phone map without typing the city, it usually doesn't exist.

Once you do a few (I have 28 completed missions) you start to streamline the process. Searching for missions and planning the drive is easy and I can can shoot a property in about 10 mins. I just got to where I can shoot 2 homes with one battery. Sometimes you'll see 4-6 houses with in walking distance from each other, so you start to see the potential.....

@Helihover
Very good.
Do you shoot panos manual or litchi or something?

What app are you using for BetterView? Tried Pix4D and DroneDeploy, but they don't seem to allow settings low enough or small enough for just a house roof.

Tried a new app DatuFly, but it either locked up or closed down every time while planning a mission. They want $50 for it after the 30 day trial!

So far had been too windy to try it manually. Seems like the side shots will be time consuming, and hazardous for the drone at 5' away...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I just did a job for BetterView and in addition to the normal shots they request they also requested a dronedeploy map. Ironically I had just downloaded and became familiar with dronedeploy. I did the other shots manually as there were many low power lines and obstructions at this location. It made for some tedious flying but it all worked out fine. They paid promptly.

I just did a job for BetterView and in addition to the normal shots they request they also requested a dronedeploy map. Ironically I had just downloaded and became familiar with dronedeploy. I did the other shots manually as there were many low power lines and obstructions at this location. It made for some tedious flying but it all worked out fine. They paid promptly.

How long did this take? And if you don't mind, what was the payout?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31