BetterView roof inspections

Correct. The Pilot in Command must have a pilot's license.

That's just the tip of it.....

The FAA states that not only must you hold an Airman's Certificate, but you must also hold a current Medial Certificate AND have proof of recent flight proficiency. That means that pilots who flew years ago but haven't flown in years, have no current medical certificate or do not have RECENT flight Proficiency proof..........are not allowed to fly a drone commercially. AFAIK, this has not yet been relaxed.

Why a Phantom operator would need to be medically and physically "fit", same as a manned aircraft pilot, and what "recent flight proficiency" in a manned aircraft has to do with operating a DJI Phantom beats the noodles out of me..

The FAA states that not only must you hold an Airman's Certificate, but you must also hold a current Medial Certificate AND have proof of recent flight proficiency. That means that pilots who flew years ago but haven't flown in years, have no current medical certificate or do not have RECENT flight Proficiency proof..........are not allowed to fly a drone commercially. AFAIK, this has not yet been relaxed.

It has been relaxed. You must have a medical cert OR a state issued driver's license. If memory serves me well it's under section #13 in the Section 333 Exemption (at least that's where it is in mine). However the pilot still has to be "Current" in his certification which means a simple "Check Ride" will suffice.

The Driver's License aspect is because a Sport Pilot certification has no medical requirement other than a state driver's license.

Reactions: JKDSensei
It has been relaxed. You must have a medical cert OR a state issued driver's license. If memory serves me well it's under section #13 in the Section 333 Exemption (at least that's where it is in mine). However the pilot still has to be "Current" in his certification which means a simple "Check Ride" will suffice.

The Driver's License aspect is because a Sport Pilot certification has no medical requirement other than a state driver's license.

Thanks for the update. Still don't see the need for a check ride. Flying a real aircraft that you're sitting in is light years different than flying a 4 lb DJI Phantom. Check rides can run you up to $500 depending on variables.

And does it prove you're fit to fly a DJI Phantom in any way?

I could maybe, on a snowy day in Miami, a day after winning the lotto, see a benefit to passing a cursory test of current airspace knowledge. But no value in being "flight current" at all.

Why a Phantom operator would need to be medically and physically "fit", same as a manned aircraft pilot, and what "recent flight proficiency" in a manned aircraft has to do with operating a DJI Phantom beats the noodles out of me..
I'm guessing they, meaning the FAA, are just using the rules they already have in place to give them time to create more appropriate rules. I agree it's a silly requirement in the case of Uavs.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for the update. Still don't see the need for a check ride. Flying a real aircraft that you're sitting in is light years different than flying a 4 lb DJI Phantom. Check rides can run you up to $500 depending on variables.

And does it prove you're fit to fly a DJI Phantom in any way?
Mine was $260 (December 2015) and all it does is confirm you understand current regulations and procedures. I guess the key thing to keep in mind is we are still dealing with Manned Aircraft regulations being applied to UAS. Hopefully in the next year or so this will be improved upon.

Yes, let's hope so.
I would like to see the rules relaxed so that an Airman's certificate is not required. Even though I have one. It seems unfair to too many people.

I signed up. Used my spam email. Ill let you guys know how things go from here

65 an hour but they dictate how long it should take. so when you leave home and drive 45 minutes away and are at the sight for a hour and a half that is a total of 3 hours $195 dollars but they will only pay 85 dollars because that is what the guideline pricing sheet specifies

These guys appear to not care if you have a pilot's license or not. Either they are clueless or have no regard for the rules.

Reactions: 750r and TWP723
I've submitted my "Test Flight Images". We'll see what comes from it.

That's what I figured. Probably never launched the company fully. Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
My pleasure.

I actually had high hopes for them because it seemed like a good and sound game plan.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20