BetterView roof inspections

It's been a 4 days since I submitted the basic application. My zip code is one of the "immediate demand" cities. No response.

How did you guys take the photos, did you use the pix4d Mapper app? I'm trying to figure it out, but it doesn't seem ideal for smaller structures like a house roof. What's the easiest way to take the photos for the test run, manually?

They told me i needed more overlap and a few other things but it passed. They tell you what they need you to improve on.. it's know big deal

Did you use DJI go? I tried their app, but it kept taking photos even when the thing wasn't moving. Then, I couldn't connect back to DJI go, so I had to unistall it. I also have a Mavic, and the app doesn't allow me to focus the camera. I guess it's easier for me to use tripod mode on the mavic with grid lines.

How did you guys take the photos, did you use the pix4d Mapper app? I'm trying to figure it out, but it doesn't seem ideal for smaller structures like a house roof. What's the easiest way to take the photos for the test run, manually?
I tried flying manually, but there was too much wind that day to get anything usable.
Then I tried using Pix4D, but as you found it isn't useful on small precise tasks like this. Neither was DroneDeploy (for the Surface Overhead), but sounds like they use it for a orthomosaic of the overall site.
Then I spent way too much time setting up a way-point mission in Litchi, with lots of waypoints to take photos along the "lawnmower" path. This would not be practical to do for the money they are paying. I have not run it yet to see how it works out.
Also just used the new DJI GD Pro to setup a mission, but haven't figured out how to control the camera to take the overlapping photos over the route. Will poke around with that some more just to learn the new app.
Seems like I may be overthinking this, in relation to the financial payout...

I tried flying manually, but there was too much wind that day to get anything usable.
Then I tried using Pix4D, but as you found it isn't useful on small precise tasks like this. Neither was DroneDeploy (for the Surface Overhead), but sounds like they use it for a orthomosaic of the overall site.
Then I spent way too much time setting up a way-point mission in Litchi, with lots of waypoints to take photos along the "lawnmower" path. This would not be practical to do for the money they are paying. I have not run it yet to see how it works out.
Also just used the new DJI GD Pro to setup a mission, but haven't figured out how to control the camera to take the overlapping photos over the route. Will poke around with that some more just to learn the new app.
Seems like I may be overthinking this, in relation to the financial payout...
I tried the new DJI app, but cannot get the **** thing to connect to my aircraft.

I submitted my test last Thursday and finally received word yesterday that it was approved. The email said I will receive word as soon as orders open up in my area. There is still a "demand" in my area listed on their website.

This process was little more involved and requires more attention to detail when signing up. I too had problems in the beginning with communication and the whole process in general. I ended up creating two accounts and never submitted my 107 info until the end.

Anyway, couple of pointers here to help anyone having problems. You have to accomplish 3 task besides taking the actual pictures. 1- register on their site as a pilot. 2- create a boxcom account with the same email used to create the first account. You will receive an invite to upload your pics there. 3- reply to the email link regarding your 107 information. You'll need to provide your name and cert number. If you need to contact Prasanna, go on the website and live chat. He usually responds and if not, he will email you back shortly.

I'll keep you guys posted on the progress.

I can't explain why they will not answer emails, but I think their client volume is very localized right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a heads up on the 'demand'. The first location listed is from your Internet ip being read. I did some tests with my vpn and changing my location, everytime it showed demand near me. So I changed to locations out of the US and they showed demand in foreign countries. Here is when I changed my ip to New Zealand.

New Zealand ip.png

This place sounds like a half-baked business at best and a scam at worst. Good tips, though, for someone to figure out how to do it better and with some ntegrity and honesty.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1