Better camera on Phantom Vision - Sony QX100?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I would like to take some aerial photos with my Phantom 2 Vision, but the standard vision camera kind of sucks (which was predictable). I usually take photos with Nikon D700, sometimes with SONY NEX7 but I understand that even the NEX7 with smallest lens is too big for phantom. And I do not want to crash it (yet).

What looks interesting is the Sony qx100 - it has big sensor, good quality while it´s lightweight (no display etc).

I do have few questions:

- is there a way how to use the current wifi with this sony qx100 camera?
- if not, is there some (I guess manual, the camera does not have IR) remote trigger which can be used with the sony qx100?
- if not remote trigger, maybe some manual time-lapse trigger?
- if there is a better camera for Phantom 2 Vision, I´m open for suggestions

What I really need to do is to get up in the air, take few photos and go back. I do not need live view, remote tilting, stuff like this. I do not need video recording at all. I will not do it everyday, and for the occasional flying, the standard phantom camera is fine.

I may end up buying new better copter for my Sony Nex7, but I thought that the Phantom 2 Vision would make a great combo with this Sony QX100. I just do not know if that is even possible...

Thanks for your answers and suggestions.

Yessss, wanderfull solution, but the reviews are bad, wifi conection is poor, if the range of the camera like the phantom would very good, the quality is far superior to that of the phantom, but have very problems this version, hopefully if there is any solution soon
Juan

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20