Beta Testers requested to fix Compass Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
robby666111 said:
Leaking it is not the right approach in my opinion, and that was also my opinion prior to being added to the beta test group.

What are the negatives? That DJI will get mad and never release a new firmware...? That this group will never be asked to head up another beta again? I'm not sure why you guys enjoy working for DJI for free anyway.

robby666111 said:
Leaking it is not the right approach in my opinion, and that was also my opinion prior to being added to the beta test group.
Did DJI make you sign any papers? No? if not then they don't care if you leak it. They essentially gave the software to a bunch of people here that they had no clue about their identity or motives. They really don't care. if you had an issue like a crash caused by using it it would void your warranty is all.

landonkk said:
robby666111 said:

What are the negatives? That DJI will get mad and never release a new firmware...? That this group will never be asked to head up another beta again? I'm not sure why you guys enjoy working for DJI for free anyway.

It has already been leaked. There are no negatives, DJI doesn't care who has it. Nobody can show a document they had to sign saying they can't share it. Prove me worng , anyone

landonkk said:
The best way to exert pressure is to simply anonymously leak the beta.

Landon - have you asked Ian for access to B2 and been declined?

Andy T said:
robby666111 said:
Did DJI make you sign any papers? No? if not then they don't care if you leak it. They essentially gave the software to a bunch of people here that they had no clue about their identity or motives. They really don't care. if you had an issue like a crash caused by using it it would void your warranty is all.

There is an element of trust here and a leak would make sure they never do a beta again.

It's got to be very very close to release. Let's give it a few days.

damoncooper said:
There is an element of trust here and a leak would make sure they never do a beta again.

I never want to test a beta again. I would never purchase a DJI product again either.

damoncooper said:
Andy T said:
robby666111 said:

Element of trust? This is the internet... lol

There will be no leaking of anything. I think I've made this abundantly clear already. So let's end that discussion right now. Andy, you say it's already been leaked? Really? So you have a copy of it? If I find you or anyone else is involved in a leak, I will take serious issue with it.

ianwood said:
There will be no leaking of anything. I think I've made this abundantly clear already. So let's end that discussion right now. Landon, you say it's already been leaked? Really? So you have a copy of it? If I find you or anyone else is involved in a leak, I will take serious issue with it.
No you leaked it to Bigbad
fun and Robby and others

Andy T said:
damoncooper said:
Andy T said:
robby666111 said:

Element of trust? This is the internet... lol

Sorry meant: someone trusted me to hold this in confidence. I can't leak anything without permission. I'm in the software biz as well.

Andy are you just spouting crap? I added some further testers. Some of us may not care about using any DJI products again, that's fine. The rest of us are invested in this platform. Leaking a beta is poisoning the water. There are repercussions. There will be no leaks. End of discussion.

Well I've been watching this (and the other) thread with great interest and excitement.
As someone in a badly affected group I am as keen to get my hands on the new firmware as the next man.

However, I am happy to wait for the official release. I believe that leaking anything at this point would jeopardise any future issue and their fix we may face, and potentially undo all the great work Ian and others have done for our cause. What if they want to fix another issue? Would they trust the leaky beta testers again? I don't think so.

As frustrating as it is, I am happy to wait until DJI officially release the new firmware.

If it's as good as it looking when it does get released, I'll buy you a beer Ian, you just have to come down here to collect ;)

Major_Defeat said:
Well I've been watching this (and the other) thread with great interest and excitement.
As someone in a badly affected group I am as keen to get my hands on the new firmware as the next man.

However, I am happy to wait for the official release. I believe that leaking anything at this point would jeopardise any future issue and their fix we may face, and potentially undo all the great work Ian and others have done for our cause. What if they want to fix another issue? Would they trust the leaky beta testers again? I don't think so.

As frustrating as it is, I am happy to wait until DJI officially release the new firmware.

If it's as good as it looking when it does get released, I'll buy you a beer Ian, you just have to come down here to collect ;)

I'm just making light of this super secret confidentiality agreement laden beta test. I'm waiting for the official release as well. Impatiently. I have however, written a few DJI employees asking for the beta.. Big news break... they don't answer messages.

No worres. I suspect the beta testers may have had to sign a 'if it crashes its not our fault' agreement and this is DJI's way of making sure they don't introduce more problems into their already troubled fleet out there. $$$$$

More to do with financial reasons than anything else, but that is just my speculation :)

In any event, DJI please rush through final testing as thoroughly as is possible, but quickly.. and thoroughly.

BigBadFun said:
landonkk said:
The best way to exert pressure is to simply anonymously leak the beta.

Landon - have you asked Ian for access to B2 and been declined?

Yes, and despite being the sixth person to respond in this very thread, owning 3 different P2's that can all be tested and/or be used as a 'control', and being an active member of the so called "Project Drunken Sparrow", I have not been asked to test anything. I am assuming it has to do with me being vocal about my opinion that certain elements should've been handled differently. It's OK. I understand that it is political. I still stand by all of my opinions.

ianwood said:
Andy are you just spouting crap? I added some further testers. Some of us may not care about using any DJI products again, that's fine. The rest of us are invested in this platform. Leaking a beta is poisoning the water. There are repercussions. There will be no leaks. End of discussion.

That is laughable. Poisoning the water!? Lol. OMG... people get their hands on a new firmware a few weeks before it released... Doomsday.

Like I said, there are two downsides:

(1) DJI doesn't trust you to head up a beta again (which if they did they would have had tighter controls on who you released it to in the first place). Unless you have enjoyed putting in countless hours of work for them, for free, and are excited to do it again, what does this matter?

(2) Fitting in with your theory that DJI is run by 13 year old girls, out of pure spite they get mad at the leak and decide not to release the fix... at the risk of having their flagship product be severely hindered, at the expense of bad reviews, press and sales.... because the beta was leaked to probably 15 people. Ha.

Also - you can threaten people all you want - you have no control over if somebody decided to leak it or not. Where are your signed non-disclosure agreements with everybody?

Major_Defeat said:

If they cared so much, they wouldn't have just given to Ian and told him to pick a few people to help him in the first place... without signing non-disclosure agreements and having tighter control. It is laughable that you guys are all treating this like they gave you the source code to the firmware or something.

Maybe you missed the instructions, Landon. I have no PM from you otherwise you would have gotten it. Even mentioned your name explicitly: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11555&start=660#p186069

Ask any software developer why leaking a beta is a bad idea. You want to take personal responsibility for the fly aways? And it is breaching the trust. Mine and DJI's.

Anyway, I am sick of this debate. Anyone who has the beta, I ask that you stick to your agreement not to leak it. The final version will be out soon enough.

It is very simple...
Either you have integrity or you don't...
and many on this thread have made it clear where they stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94