Not open for further replies.
BID NOT RECOGNIZE :twisted:

Attachments

• dsds.jpg
    dsds.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 454
d4ddyo said:
Seriously ... Where are we with this?

It's been 4 days since I sent my data to DJI for analysis. Not exactly a lot of time for them to analyze the data, incorporate further changes, regression test, and plan for a new firmware release. Not that I am sure they do all or even any of those things, but I'd rather they did.

ianwood said:
d4ddyo said:
Seriously ... Where are we with this?

It's been 4 days since I sent my data to DJI for analysis. Not exactly a lot of time for them to analyze the data, incorporate further changes, regression test, and plan for a new firmware release. Not that I am sure they do all or even any of those things, but I'd rather they did.

i started a thread... since I have not updated since i bought my phantom from 1.8... i really need a rundown on what order to upgrade my p2, gimbal, iosd.

as well as what order to calibrate everything.

of course i'd do it as soon as this is released.

onfourblades said:
BID NOT RECOGNIZE :twisted:

OK, US$20 via PayPal. First beta-tester to PM me.

A question for the Beta Testers. Did DJI give you all the exact firmware to test or did they create a firmware taylored specific to each one of your Declination offsets?

Beta testers won't answer. They don't associate with us scum anymore :cry:

BigBadFun said:
Beta testers won't answer. They don't associate with us scum anymore :cry:
No. It's your fault. You pissed 'em off with that lowball offer for the beta. I think at least a hundred bucks man! Your asking super-beings to violate their sacred oath to Dji.

I appreciate the extra time and effort of the beta testers. Their tests are key to correcting the problem since DJI is at a low declination location. I also appreciate that they have to respect any directions from DJI as the beta versions are DJI property and if we violate that relationship we will have a harder time getting cooperation next time. I would like to think that offers to get them to sell their integrity was in jest...

Are we going to have the option to upgrade to 2.0 without the no fly zones like before? (With the fix obviously)

John Shaw said:
I would like to think that offers to get them to sell their integrity was in jest...
Yes John. We're joking. Besides it was one of the beta testers that started this joke 3 days ago:
onfourblades said:
BIDS WANTED! :twisted:

d4ddyo said:
Are we going to have the option to upgrade to 2.0 without the no fly zones like before? (With the fix obviously)

Likely not...
Another more concerning issue of applying the fix to 3.04 branch is that airspeed has been reduced due to reduction in max tilt in both GPS and atti mode. This reduced performance can be dangerous in situations where one needs to fight a headwind to come back. We can only hope that it would be an option in future assists.

The reduction in max tilt is helpful to stability for overweight phantoms, but is a unnecessary reduction in performance for toes who don't have overloaded machines.

Dadcat said:
No. It's your fault. You pissed 'em off with that lowball offer for the beta. I think at least a hundred bucks man! Your asking super-beings to violate their sacred oath to Dji.

Yeah, that's still a low ball! :D

I think the new firmware should be dropping soon.

I don't think the beta firmware is hardcoded with a specific declination. Pretty sure we all got the same download. 6 more flights on the beta firmware and I am pleased. Much easier to film in tight spaces. You no longer have to worry about it hooking into something when you let go of the controls. Course lock is actually useful now. Hover is rock solid when enough GPS sats are visible.

I have noticed the heading doesn't hold as tightly in a hover as before. I can't tell if it's just something I haven't noticed before or if it is something that changed in 3.02+ or if it is related to the declination fix. I am pretty sure I saw some of it on 3.02. Either way, it's not a big deal.

Now that it actually flies straight, I realize I still have some work to do on getting perfectly square with my subjects. Many times, it will look lined up but it's slightly cocked in one direction or the other. This is where I need to be relying more on the FPV than LOS. Easier said than done it tight quarters.

Iamwood,,
I know you are very busy and have been asked before and I apologize if I missed it.
Does it seem to remember the info from the previous flight or does it still have to acclimate itself each new startup?

Tom

tom3holer said:
Iamwood,,
I know you are very busy and have been asked before and I apologize if I missed it.
Does it seem to remember the info from the previous flight or does it still have to acclimate itself each new startup?

Tom

I did comment on this. The fix is accurate enough right from the beginning of flight that you don't need it to remember anything.

macheung said:
d4ddyo said:

Likely not...
Another more concerning issue of applying the fix to 3.04 branch is that airspeed has been reduced due to reduction in max tilt in both GPS and atti mode. This reduced performance can be dangerous in situations where one needs to fight a headwind to come back. We can only hope that it would be an option in future assists.

The reduction in max tilt is helpful to stability for overweight phantoms, but is a unnecessary reduction in performance for toes who don't have overloaded machines.

I domt know that is more concerning.... But that is relative. What I am saying is that 2.0 vs 3.0. Dji released both. So.... Makes sense that they patch 2.0 and 3.0

Can someone link the airspeed issue?

ianwood said:
Yeah, that's still a low ball! :D

I think the new firmware should be dropping soon.

I don't think the beta firmware is hardcoded with a specific declination. Pretty sure we all got the same download. 6 more flights on the beta firmware and I am pleased. Much easier to film in tight spaces. You no longer have to worry about it hooking into something when you let go of the controls. Course lock is actually useful now. Hover is rock solid when enough GPS sats are visible.

I have noticed the heading doesn't hold as tightly in a hover as before. I can't tell if it's just something I haven't noticed before or if it is something that changed in 3.02+ or if it is related to the declination fix. I am pretty sure I saw some of it on 3.02. Either way, it's not a big deal.

Now that it actually flies straight, I realize I still have some work to do on getting perfectly square with my subjects. Many times, it will look lined up but it's slightly cocked in one direction or the other. This is where I need to be relying more on the FPV than LOS. Easier said than done it tight quarters.

Next we need to Get DJI to add the Imperial measurement option to the iosd mini. And a Compass Heading readout.

While they are at it I would love to have vertical angle displayed and if possible an indicator to show which of the 2 antennas on the Phantom is currently active (I know it should be the rear one while going and the front one while coming back, but would be nice to still see). Oh and RSSI :D

I think I am going to make my own OSD with all of the above. It's been done. There's a lot of code libraries out there to do it with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT