Beta Testers requested to fix Compass Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
The gods smiled on me today, giving me both time to fly and no rain so I've been able to finally fly the beta firmware.

The pronounced "J" hook has gone in GPS mode although there appears to still be a slight drift. I'll confirm that or otherwise when I check the flight data.

Course lock still needs some work, here it flies on an angle to the left of where it should be.

For those that asked, declination here is +12

macheung said:
The reduced tilt (air speed) issue is a serious one and deserves attention. A fix for the compass issue isn't really an acceptable fix if it introduce other serious issues. Ok, to be fair 3.04 already has the reduced speed but there is little reason to install it since it doesn't provide anything of value.

Please do not conflate the two different things. The speed reduction is in 3.04 and totally unrelated to the declination fix which doesn't even exist in a released firmware yet. I understand that to get the declination fix, you may have to use a firmware that coincidentally has the speed reduction. But let's make that clear otherwise people are going to assume a dependency between the two that doesn't really exist.

riblit said:
Course lock still needs some work, here it flies on an angle to the left of where it should be.

Curious about that. My course lock looked good. I didn't exactly do a precise test but it seemed like it was hitting the target. WIll be doing more tests this weekend for sure.

Just checked and I'm apparently at -14, 53' in Boston. Test flights on Sunday confirm cleanup after about 7-8 min on 3.0.4.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401796845.618199.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401796845.618199.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 413
ianwood said:
riblit said:

Curious about that. My course lock looked good. I didn't exactly do a precise test but it seemed like it was hitting the target. WIll be doing more tests this weekend for sure.

I've had a closer look at the flight path and video since writing that, one run looks good, the second off to the left. I'll do some more tests to make sure that the craft was pointed correctly on startup. It's giving me a bit of grief by not connecting to the iPad every time so I may have rotated it a bit with the multiple power cycles to get the connection up.

any news about the release of firmware 3.05?

KassioLM said:
any news about the release of firmware 3.05?

Asking in multiple threads isnt really the thing to do and its not gonna get an answer none of us have any quicker

Resuming Project Drunken Sparrow might... :twisted:

Theres just some things you dont want to rush into... and you better hope they do full testing on the firm b4 they release it to the public... and chances are they will need to go back over new data from the testers and then see if the fix needs further work or not.

Project Crazy Kiwi begins next week. I'm making the posters now. Will involve offering bribes to all beta-testers to leak the v3.05b software and failing that (because they're all off flying straight somewhere) - advanced cyber-penetration of Ian's PC to steal it from him. :eek: Who's with me?

BigBadFun said:
Project Crazy Kiwi begins next week. I'm making the posters now. Will involve offering bribes to all beta-testers to leak the v3.05b software and failing that (because they're all off flying straight somewhere) - advanced cyber-penetration of Ian's PC to steal it from him. :eek: Who's with me?

I'm in! Ian pulled a Terry-esque disappearing trick after getting the fix... ;)

Hmmmm, maybe I'll sell early access to the fix! How much is it worth to you? Mwah hah hah! :evil: SoCal residents get a discount but your P2's home location will be locked to my front doors step. I will deny any knowledge as to how that could have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT