Beta Testers requested to fix Compass Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was impressed!
I still hand crank my 9600 Modem.
By the time I finished downloading firmware 3.02, 3.04 was out.

I am interested in the declinations beta testers have on their flying sites?

onfourblades -13°
ianwood +12° ?
cruiser607 ?
riblit ?
Fximaging ?

cruiser607 said:
Issues:

* coming from 2.00 ... the P2 is now flying like a grandma. Slow ... no speed ... not very agile
* after first boot: P2 is flying pretty straight. No major J Hooking. Still not perfect ... even not after a couple of minutes.
* P2 wasn't able to find enough satellites after the next reboot. Not sure if that is firmware related
* rebooted again and gave him 2-3 minutes until it finally found all satellites

Uploading the Video now.

Yeah since 3.04 the max speed has been reduced to about 9m/s in GPS mode. Hope it's a bug rather than a new restriction.

Xrover said:
Beta Testers,
Once you install the new Firmware, will you go in to the gain settings tab and click default to make sure the P2 is flying with whatever gain settings DJI Programmed in as Default?

I know they kept changing the default gain settings in the past firmware updates but those would not show up unless you click Default.

That button isnt the real "defaults" and hasnt changed with any update ive seen so far. The stock gains that it ships with is the real default for the p2 with zenmuse gimbal and gopro camera. of course removing or adding weight should correspond with a gain change tho

The default gains have changed in various versions of the s/w. The latest Att is 260 and I believe it was higher before.

Tom

xtonex said:
Xrover said:
Beta Testers,
Once you install the new Firmware, will you go in to the gain settings tab and click default to make sure the P2 is flying with whatever gain settings DJI Programmed in as Default?

I know they kept changing the default gain settings in the past firmware updates but those would not show up unless you click Default.

That button isnt the real "defaults" and hasnt changed with any update ive seen so far. The stock gains that it ships with is the real default for the p2 with zenmuse gimbal and gopro camera. of course removing or adding weight should correspond with a gain change tho

Default gains changed in 3.04.

P2 gains as shipped are:
Basic 120/120/120/200
Attitude 220/220

And the default gains in the Phantom assistant prior to 3.04 was:-
Basic 125/125/100/100
Attitude 125/125

In 3.04 they changed too:-
Basic 125/125/120/140
Attitude 260/260

I am running the new default gains it it is super stable.

Hmm had not noticed that when i updated to 3.04 but that explains why it seemed like going vertical was a bit slower than earlier yesterday ;)

xgeek said:
Yeah since 3.04 the max speed has been reduced to about 9m/s in GPS mode. Hope it's a bug rather than a new restriction.

I am also on 3.04, using the new default gains, and my sense is that a top end governor has been placed on horizontal speed, in GPS and/or ATTI. I haven't had time to measure scientifically. Just a qualitative observation at this point. Could be imagining; hope I am. Don't want to have to launch the "Lethargic Sparrow" campaign once the sparrow sobers up.

Kelly

They have reduced the max tilt angle in both GPS and Atti mode. Max tilt as shown on my iOSD mini in GPS mode is now -13 degrees and in atti mode -25 degrees. I struggle to get more than 10m/s in GPS mode in forward flight. I am sure before it was -25 degrees for GPS and -35 degrees for atti.

That jives with one upwind/downwind speed test I did in GPS mode last week. ****...

Kelly

Not directly. The forthcoming compass declination fix is almost certainly going to be based on v3.04 firmware or its descendants. And unfortunately DJI in its role as benevolent dictator has decided (as of v3.04) that everyone was flying too fast, or had the potential to fly too fast.

Kelly

I've only done a couple of flights on 3.04 using the default settings button.
It is definitely slower in horizontal flight. There should be user selectable modes that would allow for stability or performance. Seems like the P2 has had variations of both during it's firmware updates but it's been One or the other.

I would like to see a P2 Assistant software (Pro Version) that gives a lot of user selectable configurations so each user can optimize the Phantom for their individual needs. It seems like DJI has deemed the Phantom 2 a TOY and not a serious RC hobbyists machine.

xgeek said:
They have reduced the max tilt angle in both GPS and Atti mode. Max tilt as shown on my iOSD mini in GPS mode is now -13 degrees and in atti mode -25 degrees. I struggle to get more than 10m/s in GPS mode in forward flight. I am sure before it was -25 degrees for GPS and -35 degrees for atti.

On the surface, 10m/s seems like it would not put too big a crimp in any distance record runs, if my math is right:

10m/s X 60s X 7min battery one direction = 4,200m = 4.2km

Xrover said:
I would like to see a P2 Assistant software (Pro Version) that gives a lot of user selectable configurations so each user can optimize the Phantom for their individual needs.

+1

Xrover said:
I would like to see a P2 Assistant software (Pro Version) that gives a lot of user selectable configurations so each user can optimize the Phantom for their individual needs.

That would be fabulous. Not holding my breath, unfortunately.

damoncooper said:
On the surface, 10m/s seems like it would not put too big a crimp in any distance record runs, if my math is right:
10m/s X 60s X 7min battery one direction = 4,200m = 4.2km

Dang. You're right. Though 4km is current my outer range with 2.4GHz control. I was toying with the idea of switching to UHF for greater range.

Getting a bit tired of Big Brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT