BestBuy

I confirmed with BestBuy today, prior to making my order that their plan treats the Phantom 3 as a camera under the protection plan. I got it in writing that I am covered against a crash (accidental). Deal breaker for me and no brainier as place of purchase.

I ordered 5 minutes later!

I concur on upping the ante, ~ Phantom 3 Pro is a deluxe bird. Getting you the better camera and you'll be more future proof. ;-)

RedHotPoker
I have a Pro and an Advanced. Unless you have a 4K monitor or 4K TV don't bother with the Pro. It is the same bird with the only difference being the upper tier resolution camera. I won't be going 4K for years to come and by then the 4K drones will cost $150... :)

I confirmed with BestBuy today, prior to making my order that their plan treats the Phantom 3 as a camera under the protection plan. I got it in writing that I am covered against a crash (accidental). Deal breaker for me and no brainier as place of purchase.

I ordered 5 minutes later!

Can't go wrong with that! Makes me want to get one from Best Buy! I'd take a lot more chances!

Got my P3P from BHPhotovideo.com and saved on Sales Tax (which is 9.25% here in TN - NO State Income TAX)

Got my P3P from BHPhotovideo.com and saved on Sales Tax (which is 9.25% here in TN - NO State Income TAX)
Plus fast free shipping unless it is a Jewish Holiday. I live in UPS zone 1 from their warehouse and I sometimes have an item at my door 24 hours or less from when I order it. Amazon is also almost as fast.

BH is awesome. Bought refurb p2 from them once. Flew away on first flight. They shipped me a replacement within a week

P3A in my opinion and I have the P3P as well. Most casual drone flyers like me won't ever use 4K. I did initially and the file sizes were too big and playback was crappy on my old computer. It plays fine on my MacBook Pro though. I don't have a 4K TV and as far as I know YouTube doesn't go that high either. Save your $260 and buy almost 2 extra batteries instead.
Interestingly enough youtube does offer 4k but... most household monitors have a native resolution of 1920 pixels wide (1080p) so you don't see the full effect. I have the P3A and I'm happy shoot 2.4k @ 30fps knowing I can crop it down if I need to, or snag a decent still frame from the video.

How did you get 10%? Does it cover DJI products?

According to the fine print:

Service fee may apply if we replace your device or issue a gift card for its value.

I could not track down how much this "service fee" would be. Actual amount is not stated anywhere.

-Reimbursing you for replacement with a voucher or gift card equal to the Covered Product’s current market value, as determined by us, not to exceed the original purchase price of your Covered Product. c. Replacing your Covered Product with a product of like kind and quality and of comparable performance. If we replace your Covered Product, the following may apply: • Technological advances may result in a replacement product with a lower selling price than the original Covered Product; • Replacement products and parts may be new or refurbished (at our discretion) which meet the manufacturer’s specifications of the Covered Product or parts;

I wonder how they determine "current market value" for a P3A that is 2 years old and there is Phantom 5 on the shelves. Do they still cut you a check for $999? It doesn't sound like it...

P3A in my opinion and I have the P3P as well. Most casual drone flyers like me won't ever use 4K. I did initially and the file sizes were too big and playback was crappy on my old computer. It plays fine on my MacBook Pro though. I don't have a 4K TV and as far as I know YouTube doesn't go that high either. Save your $260 and buy almost 2 extra batteries instead.

I totally agree. I bought the p3p, broke the camera oft, and cheaped out by replacing it with a p3a camera. Now that the upgrade takes it from 1080p to 2.7k, I regret not buying the p3a in the first place.

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but BestBuy can change the terms of their PP anytime. I think they'll see the Phantom's crashing and change that rule!

"Accidental Damage from Handling covers damage as a result of unexpected and unintentional drops and spills that arise from normal usage of the product as the manufacturer intended. Abuse, misuse and fraud are not covered."

So if it crashes on it's own you're covered. (Also under DJI's warranty) But if you crash it, isn't that "misuse?"

Jimmy

How much is the protection plan from BB?
Thanks.
I did $199 for 3 years. I agree with the later posts that I would likely only be compensated for current market value but with my track record, I will be piling this thing up 4X a year. $199 well spent if they honor it.

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but BestBuy can change the terms of their PP anytime. I think they'll see the Phantom's crashing and change that rule!

"Accidental Damage from Handling covers damage as a result of unexpected and unintentional drops and spills that arise from normal usage of the product as the manufacturer intended. Abuse, misuse and fraud are not covered."

So if it crashes on it's own you're covered. (Also under DJI's warranty) But if you crash it, isn't that "misuse?"

Jimmy
I had the same thoughts on the language there but that is why I got in writing that it was a "flying camera". Who knows how this argument would land with them, however, cameras are covered against accidental drops during normal usage, like you say. My argument would be that flight is the intended usage of the Phantom and if it flys away and crashes, runs into a tree during operation, etc then I should be covered. Hopefully I never have to claim on it, but should I need to, I will keep you posted on how they cover it.

BestBuy still shipping the Phantom 3pro with the old style motors as at December 4, 2015.
This is disappointing and I will return the one I bought for my son for Christmas and order direct from DJI.
They have a Christmas special that includes a hard shell back pack.

BestBuy still shipping the Phantom 3pro with the old style motors as at December 4, 2015.
This is disappointing and I will return the one I bought for my son for Christmas and order direct from DJI.
They have a Christmas special that includes a hard shell back pack.
Check at other bestbuy outlet.

I ordered on line and had shipped to my son in Alberta.
We will have to return it there and hopefully they will exchange it for a new model or refund the money. I should have ordered from DJI direct as they have a Christmas special $1259 including hardshell back pack. The sight is a little sketchy as to what accessories are included, like the battery and chrger etc.

The deal with the free back pack is great. The @dji hardshell backpack, cost me nearly $200.00 CDN when purchased in summer.
I would have jumped at that combo., had it been available, when the Phantom 3 Professional was released in the spring.

Definately be wary of any on line deals that seem odd. ;-)

RedHotPoker

I've finally Craigslisted and eBayed enoungh stuff to invest in my next Phantom. After a year and a half with my P2 and putting it in the lake a few weeks back, I have settled on the P3A. I am considering buying from BestBuy. Reason being that I have $150 in rewards there, 10% off, price match and (MOST IMPORTANTLY) like the idea of an accidental replacement/repair warranty. Has anyone had a good or bad experience with BestBuy? I am bit nervous as they fairly recently started carrying DJI.
No questions asked I would buy for Bestbuy this was the best thing i could of done! Returned 2 units (no questions asked). The people at returns desk look at it for a second and ask no questions! You are looking at shipping and a hassle if you get it shipped to you from any other vendor. Being able to drive to the store and take care of it at your own leisure is a winner for me!

Reactions: 0000edgar0000
You can always have Best Buy match any deal going on. Plus have the convenience of being able to return a faulty unit if necessary.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj