Best way to safely remove sticker residue?

Reaction score
I've got some dried-on sticker residue on my P4 shell that I have to remove first before I put on a new registration sticker. There's plenty of products out there to remove sticker residue, but many of them will dull the finish of polished plastic surfaces, like the P4 shell. I know that to be true because it's happened to me before on some different polished plastics. I'd appreciate suggestions from someone who has actually removed sticker residue from a P4 shell without dulling or discoloring the polished surface. Thanks.

I think i would call a plastics supplier company locally and ask them whats available....seems the safest way to me.

20 years ago an elderly woman told me to use peanut butter. I never tried it.

Then use a mild dish soap to re move the peanut oil dry it and apply the FAA Numbers !.....problem solved !.That is IF the above idea worked OK !

I’ve used magic clean erasers on almost every surface.. they’re soft and non abrasive, yet seem to take off anything. Don’t soak it just damp. Lightly rub it across the glue. I’ve never had it scratch anything yet. (Never tried it on a P4)
I’d use that or the small alcohol wipes, then spray the swifter polish ( for electronics ) on a soft cloth and polish.

Reactions: Pappa T
I've always used Goo Gone to remove sticker residue from my DJI drones. Never had a problem with it damaging the finish.
index.jpg

Last edited:
I used the alcohol wipes then a dry paper towel.
After the label is attached, cut a strip of clear packaging tape slightly larger than the label itself and apply it over the sticker. If not my first label was gone after my first flight in cold weather.

Reactions: sshephard
Well, ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner! So, I checked my workshop and found the products that were suggested: goo-gone, WD-40, magic eraser, alcohol wipes, and crunchy peanut butter (sorry, no smooth). I also added cannola oil to the list after hearing that works fairly well also. I decided to play it safe, start with the most benign product possible, and work my way down the list until the residue was gone. I thought I'd have to try several different products before I'd see any results but, I had immediate success with the first product on my list: alcohol wipes. It took three wipes and a few minutes of gentle rubbing, but the nasty residue is completely gone and the surface looks like new without any dulling or damage to the glossy finish of my P4. So, my thanks to everyone above who offered suggestions, and a special shout-out to Papa T for suggesting alcohol wipes. This may/may not work for you but, I'm definitely a happy camper. Oh, yeah, the peanut butter was a good suggestion for the sandwich that I had later on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Surferchicusa
As someone in the sign and printing business, and who has to remove decals frequently, I would just use every day rubbing alcohol. That's all you need for small decals like this. Just dampen a cloth or good quality paper towel and not the drone. It only takes a little alcohol and rubbing!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4