Best tablet for a phantom 4?

I got frustrated using a Samsung S2 9.7 with the choppy video, etc.. Close to two years I bought an Apple Mini 4 when it was on sale at Best Buy. I am not an Apple fan at all and this was my first Apple product which I reluctantly bought. That said, the Mini 4 works great with my P4P 2.0. I haven't tried my Tab S4 with it. Personally I think the 10.5 screen would just be too large for such use. Havent tried my Samsung Note 8 either. still prefer Samsung tablets for normal tablet use.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shoot4fun
I got frustrated using a Samsung S2 9.7 with the choppy video, etc.. Close to two years I bought an Apple Mini 4 when it was on sale at Best Buy. I am not an Apple fan at all and this was my first Apple product which I reluctantly bought. That said, the Mini 4 works great with my P4P 2.0. I haven't tried my Tab S4 with it. Personally I think the 10.5 screen would just be too large for such use. Havent tried my Samsung Note 8 either. still prefer Samsung tablets for normal tablet use.
I can't stand anything Samsung.

"Oh no, someone froze Bixby!"
"What horrible thing did you do?"
"Nothing! I asked it a simple question and it froze by itself!"[emoji28]

Just so you know I don't use an iPhone. I use a Google phone. I do like having separate devices for separate tasks. I have a MacBook Pro for video editing, a Windows laptop for random stuff that I need to do while my computer is rendering videos, and an iPad for flying. I use what I have, usually deals and stuff that I find on eBay that is broken so I can fix it and use it. I bought my Google phone broken, it didn't even turn on.
I just personally have had more success running DJI go on iOS versus Android...
Just my opinion.

That's a common myth but it's not true.
The box just has the Made for iPad/iPhone logo to indicate that it meets Apple's performance specs.
In plain English ... it will work with Apple devices.

I guess we can agree to disagree. I have used Android and I've seen the difference between the systems. Plus IOS updates come out way before Android. I think the initial question was what's the best device. IMO it's the iPad Mini4. Oh BTW I carry a Samsung in my kit for backup.

I'm with that young fellow, Tom Connell, above. My NVIDIA K1 only has apps that is needed for my drones, e.g., maps, DJI GO 4, Litchi... I think if you are investing almost $1500 for a drone, a dedicated tablet is just common sense. I personally do not use a phone, as they have dedicated apps you cannot control, nor use for your drone. Mike Singer updates a daily list of phones and tablets commonly used for drone control devices, and indicates which of those are DJI approved for drone use..@.. Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO (Updated Daily) | Phantom Help

Reactions: D0CT0R
Hello all, can you tell me the best tablet to use with a phantom 4?
I have a Samsung 7 inch that I bought new about 4 months ago that does not seem to handle the video's from my drone.
Everything works fine with my samsung 10+ phone but would like a bigger screen
I use a Lenovo Tab 4 8-inch. Works great, plenty bright and it's reasonable at about $100 (Amazon). There's also a 10--inch available. My only issue is the meager storage at 16 gigs but an SD card will take care of that.

Have you ever owned an iPad? I have tried both Android an IOS with my P4P and the iPad is far superior and glitch-free!
He has said previously in this thread that he's owned both iPads and iPhones.

I myself have never ventured into the Walled Garden... never felt a need to.

Have you ever owned an iPad? I have tried both Android an IOS with my P4P and the iPad is far superior and glitch-free!
Post#16 I wasn't clear in my statement. 2 iPads, 2 iPhones. Hated them all. Have no use for them. If you get along with them, more power to ya. I don't. Therefore I don't use them. That is my personal preference. Yours may vary. I don't like anything iOS. I don't use anything iOS.

He has said previously in this thread that he's owned both iPads and iPhones.

I myself have never ventured into the Walled Garden... never felt a need to.
Mr. bean, I did simply because my wife thinks they're the greatest thing since sliced bread and it was all about "Oh, we can stay connected better and I'll know when you read my texts, and I can see when you're typing and blah, blah, blah..." That, alone, was reason enough NOT to have a crApple. Now I can ignore her without being rude. When she asks why i didn't reply I can simply say "Never got your message babe"! (Now she wants an Android... ???)

Reactions: D0CT0R
I had used my iPhones and/or iPad mini. After some hesitation, I got the DJI Smart Controller and wish I had done that long ago. Bright, fast start-up, no other apps running, no phone calls, and a screen large enough to map out waypoints. I do pre-processing of video (using Adobe RUSH) in the field on an iPad Pro (2018) because of it's extremely fast chip. I do final video processing on Premier Pro on an iMac.

DJI Crystal Sky 7.85 or Epson Moverios for me. I've tried several iPads, including the 2018 10.5" Pro, the latests "Mini", as well as my wifes iPhone ???? I also have several Android tablets, including the Huawei Media Pad 10.5 Pro that everyone seems to like so much. NOTHING compares to the Crystal Sky as far as a tablet goes for me. Yes, it's a little pricey, but it just works, and it works great! The screen is brighter (by far) than ANY tablet I have or have tried. You don't even need a sunshade at all in bright summer sun. There's literally no contest between what you can see on the Crystal Sky, and any and every other device I've tried so far, YMMV.... As well, my "go to" is the Epson Moverio's are by far the best experience vs/tablet. I currently have the BT-300's "Drone Edition", but am looking at the BT-35E's because of the HDMI input that the 300's don't have. If you need any questions answered, feel free to ask!

DJI Crystal Sky 7.85 or Epson Moverios for me. I've tried several iPads, including the 2018 10.5" Pro, the latests "Mini", as well as my wifes iPhone ???? I also have several Android tablets, including the Huawei Media Pad 10.5 Pro that everyone seems to like so much. NOTHING compares to the Crystal Sky as far as a tablet goes for me. Yes, it's a little pricey, but it just works, and it works great! The screen is brighter (by far) than ANY tablet I have or have tried. You don't even need a sunshade at all in bright summer sun. There's literally no contest between what you can see on the Crystal Sky, and any and every other device I've tried so far, YMMV.... As well, my "go to" is the Epson Moverio's are by far the best experience vs/tablet. I currently have the BT-300's "Drone Edition", but am looking at the BT-35E's because of the HDMI input that the 300's don't have. If you need any questions answered, feel free to ask!
The Crystal Sky would be nice, but I just can't bring myself to spend that much money on something that only gets used for one thing. And I'm pretty sure my wife would make me a steer in my sleep if I did buy one... (Drawbacks to marrying a Veterinarian's daughter!)

• Haha
Reactions: D0CT0R and dronesky
Both my OnePlus 3 (Android OxygenOS 9.0.5) and iPad Mini 4 work perfectly with DJI GO 4 and related apps like Kittyhawk, AirMap & B4UFLY. I've been skeptical about iOS products in the past, but this certainly appears to be an ideal niche for them with current iOS versions.

Samsung - never had an issue with my 2 tabs over the years.

Last one: GALAXY tAB 10.1" 2014 edition on an older Android version
Now: Galaxy Tab S4 2018

Most Apple devices won't give you any headaches, either.

RoOSTA

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic