Best tablet for a phantom 4?

Reactions: Shoot4fun
Seemed a little weird, all the jewelry...
Here's a genuine ad:

Looks a bit on the large side there Ian! Feller might need a big tripod to hold that contraption up!
Lol wait till I mount my TV, I mean mount my remote to the TV,42" looks good and runs off me car power inverter,,yeh you certainly know you are holding something and always give the hands a good shake after landing but good for keeping strength up,good neck brace etc but never use them,,just pick it up and fly,never dropped it yet,,for the record I did go android because apple products and iPads very top $$$ when I started to fly,even this beast was 700 but get for 600 from noel lemmings, so for the price has done me well,,I just could not handle looking at at phone,everything just to small

I'm using my S10+ currently, and I don't really have much issue beyond glare. A good sunshade would fix that...

I'm not an Apple lover (in fact I avoid where I can)

This is one place I can't ... all my work is done with the perfectly adequate DJI Groundstation Pro
No choice, there is no Android version

overpriced? maybe ... but similar t Samsung prices (which is also over-priced IMHO) if you pick something of the same performance

Features... well if it's like mine and dedicated to the phantom, pens, memory and gaming performance means nothing ... a great outdoor screen, an adequate processor and 100% compatibility with your drone and the software you're using
for me there is no choice ... but then I prefer a ring spanner when I can put one on rather than a shifter

I still hate apple by the way
horses for courses ... I don't think of it as a tablet but a component of the system ... no ones' allowed to touch for anything else
Most compatible and reliable for the DJI system I'm afraid ... regardless of your preferences

I'm not an Apple lover (in fact I avoid where I can)

This is one place I can't ... all my work is done with the perfectly adequate DJI Groundstation Pro
No choice, there is no Android version

overpriced? maybe ... but similar t Samsung prices (which is also over-priced IMHO) if you pick something of the same performance

Features... well if it's like mine and dedicated to the phantom, pens, memory and gaming performance means nothing ... a great outdoor screen, an adequate processor and 100% compatibility with your drone and the software you're using
for me there is no choice ... but then I prefer a ring spanner when I can put one on rather than a shifter

I still hate apple by the way
horses for courses ... I don't think of it as a tablet but a component of the system ... no ones' allowed to touch for anything else
Most compatible and reliable for the DJI system I'm afraid ... regardless of your preferences
I'll take your word for it. You couldn't run fast enough to give me another iOS. To each his own.

This gets repeated in the forum all the time but it's just not true.
Apple devices run the app very well ... as long as they are recent models with a fast enough processor.
But so do plenty of Android devices.

Hello all, can you tell me the best tablet to use with a phantom 4?
I have a Samsung 7 inch that I bought new about 4 months ago that does not seem to handle the video's from my drone.
Everything works fine with my samsung 10+ phone but would like a bigger screen

I think that this tablet is actually a good price to performance ratio. DJI go seems to work better on iOS in my opinion, even though I like Android better. It's a lot better then any Android tablet I've used. Just my 2¢...

DJI go seems to work better on iOS in my opinion, even though I like Android better. It's a lot better then any Android tablet I've used. Just my 2¢...
In your opinion?
Better than any Android tablet (that you have used)? How many would that be?
2 cents worth?

It's this sort of incorrect posting that shows up all the time that makes people believe the myth that Apple devices run the app better.
But it's a just myth.
The app runs perfectly on devices of both flavours.

I'm not getting into the bun fight with the DJI go app
I do know that there IS NOT A VERSION OF DJI GROUNDSTATION PRO for Android
1568086085898.png

Oh as as far as most reliable for DJI Go..

I thought the OP was asking for opinions ... well I've based mine on past experience ... sorry if that's incorrect
Let me rephrase that comment ...

I've found the Android devices (all samsung) that I've used with my Phantom 4's to be significantly less reliable with connections than the Appl ipad mini's that I've used

and I still hate Apple :)

I've found the Android devices (all samsung) that I've used with my Phantom 4's to be significantly less reliable with connections than the Appl ipad mini's that I've used
It's very common for users to find that an Apple device works better than a substandard or poorly configured) Android device they previously used.
On the basis of that, many of them come to the forum declaring that Apple devices are superior for running the DJI Go app.
Although commonly repeated, it's just not true.

You are correct that there's no Android version of Ground Station ... but there are several other Android (and iOS) apps that do the same thing and possibly better.
What are you using GS for?

It's very common for users to find that an Apple device works better than a substandard or poorly configured) Android device they previously used.
On the basis of that, many of them come to the forum declaring that Apple devices are superior for running the DJI Go app.
Although commonly repeated, it's just not true.

You are correct that there's no Android version of Ground Station ... but there are several other Android (and iOS) apps that do the same thing and possibly better.
What are you using GS for?
Just giving my opinion, I have used 4 Android devices and they were all unreliable and frustrating, but my iPad never failed me. Just my experience.

I'll have to side with the voice of reason on this one. On Meta4's recommendation last year, I bought a Huawei Mediapad M3 on April 1, 2018 (I looked up the order on Amazon to get the exact date). AFAIK, this was before the M5 came out. I couldn't be happier than with the M3, and the price/performance could not be beaten at the time.

It's fast, reliable, and I've never had any 'connection issues'. I have a 128gb micro SD in it, so storage space is not an issue. If I'm not mistaken, Apple tablets won't take an SD card.

Also, it's not a 'dedicated flight tablet' either... I use it for everything... checking 4 email addresses, banking, paying bills, web surfing, flying my Phantom and Tellos, photo and video editing, document editing and storage, shopping Amazon, ebay, Craigslist etc etc etc. I can't even name everything I do with it.

And yet every single time I plug in my RC and turn it on, a dialog pops up asking if I want to run GO, Litchi, Airmap, or Kittyhawk... all I have to do is choose one and click 'Just Once". And if the AC is on, Camera mode is right there and ready to GO.

My best advice would be to avoid Samsung as a flight device. Not all models, but in general, Samsung's version of the Android OS does some 'funky' things with the USB port - thus the problems some people have with intermittent/no connections, and blaming Android for the problems. If you want the best performance and reliability from a Samsung, root it and install Lineage OS (formerly CyanogenMod).

IMO, the reason for the myth that 'Apple is better than Android' is that people don't do their due diligence in shopping for an Android device, end up with one that has an incompatible USB port, and blame 'everything Android' for their problems.

Edited: From July 2017 until March 2018, I used an nVidia (sp?) Shield K1 - until the screen died. Out of warranty (obviously) and costing too much to repair, I found the M3. The K1 was a great tablet in it's day, with the added bonus of an HDMI out port, but I wouldn't invest in one now unless I could find one in good condition, cheap.

Last edited:
Wow, I never expected this many responses to my question about the best tablet to use with my phantom 4.
There has been so many great opinions about the subject that I now have a lot of homework to do, lol.
My one issue is going to be the cost of what I buy, so I may not be able to afford the best of the best but hope I can get the best bang for my buck.
I thank all that have commented on this subject, you have given me alot to research. Again , thank you.

Wow, I never expected this many responses to my question about the best tablet
Yeah, this is one of the 'hot button' topics that always -always- devolves into an Apple vs Android debate. You sound like the type to do your research and make an informed decision... Good Luck!

• Haha

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl